Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we just have different definitions of good tackles.

Then again, a tackle almost exactly like that one lead to my knee injury that ended my competitive playing days (only at uni level, but still) so I suppose I am a bit more conservative on these matters.

He pulls Foden's shoulder back with his arm, as he puts his weight through him, which is what has caused the damage, & he's doing it from the wrong side of the ball, which would be a card all day, if it happened at the half way line. That's obviously what Pep has noticed since seeing the replay. If he hadn't pulled Foden back & had just gone for the ball, cleanly, there would be no serious injury.

For some reason, the rules sometimes get suspended for 'last ditch desperation' challenges, in the box, by troggy teams.

He pulls Foden's shoulder back with his arm, as he puts his weight through him, which is what has caused the damage, & he's doing it from the wrong side of the ball, which would be a card all day, if it happened at the half way line. That's obviously what Pep has noticed since seeing the replay. If he hadn't pulled Foden back & had just gone for the ball, cleanly, there would be no serious injury.

For some reason, the rules sometimes get suspended for 'last ditch desperation' challenges, in the box, by troggy teams.
I thought it was a bit of a shithouse tackle. Something he replicated many times over the two games we played them, with Jesus more often than not on the receiving end of this Neanderthal's style of football.

I thought it was a bit of a shithouse tackle. Something he replicated many times over the two games we played them, with Jesus more often than not on the receiving end of this Neanderthal's style of football.

I didn't really look at the Foden one at the time, but it was glaringly obvious to everyone but that utter wanker of a referee, that Maguire was dishing out fouls left right & centre, including at every single set piece.

The fact he had a free pass to do so, encourages him to make challenges like that one.

I didn't really look at the Foden one at the time, but it was glaringly obvious to everyone but that utter wanker of a referee, that Maguire was dishing out fouls left right & centre, including at every single set piece.

The fact he had a free pass to do so, encourages him to make challenges like that one.
That’s it in a nutshell. Same against Spuds. Ali and Maguire fouling all game long with the violence of the file escalating in direct relationship with how many times they have got away with it. Pep is absolutely right. Referees need to concentrate on persistent fouling over diving every day of the week.

s'what happens when you put kids in the first team. If they sat nice and comfy on the bench they'd never get hurt, Pellegrini was just being compassionate....

Which is exactly what happened last season. We need to keep the pressure on the refs otherwise our players are targeted and then injured.
Thank you fucking Danny Murphy, in the cheating bookie's back pocket.

Wholly agree, and said as much in my earlier post to which @Jesus Cheekbone was likely responding. It was a bad challenge that would have been at least yellow for a decent referee anywhere else on the pitch (so Madley would have said it was fair and sporting of course).

In all honesty, Phil is lucky it wasn’t much worse (like my ACL/MCL/meniscus injury). Still horrible timing for him, though, I have faith he’ll push through and rise above, especially with the support and medical care the club will give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.