Philippe Sandler

Ever since we were linked I’ve watched the last 3 games and I can see why he wanted to make sure he wasn’t just loaned around everywhere. 2 Out of the 3 games he’s stood out as clearly the best defender on the pitch and the other he was just abused and too nonchalant against PSV. The PSV game he started out well but after the GK got sent off his levels severely dropped and he Luuk De Jong got 2 goals past him in a 4-1 game. Frenkie de Jong is a MF that’s now playing CB these days but Sandler is a straight up CB who is comfortably able to dribble all the way up the pitch into the final 3rd and pick a pass on numerous occasions. Hopefully he cleans up his play a little more when it’s time to handle adversity but he’s young.

Finally found a highlights video of him. Does anyone know if the players who participate in the world cup is available for preseason games? If not, a back 4 consisting of Maffeo-Tosin-Sandler-Angelino would be interesting

That highlights video showed lots of his tackles where he was going to ground to tackle. Reminded me of Ota in his early days with us. Personally I would prefer a defender to stay on his feet. Ota has improved in that respect, hopefully Sandler can do the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.