Photography... not the nude kind!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SiMCFC, 12 Mar 2013.

1. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

Anyone know any good places nearby to do astrophotography? Even the Peak District will probably have horrible glows of light pollution from Manchester/Sheffield? I have my heart set on capturing Milky Way photos!

2. hertsblue

hertsblue

3. idahoblues

idahoblues

Idaho

4. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

It's a tad too far away for me!

5. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    I know a guy bang into that stuff, smoking a j freezing my balls of at 4am in some fucking field, fuck that hahah, anyway i shall ask him the best spots now.

Here are a couple aof great pics i have found mainly on reddit photography...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The sun setting on the Colombian beach i think is my heaven, it looks perfect.

6. idahoblues

idahoblues

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some local pics

7. Sam Armstrong

Sam Armstrong

Not quite as far as Idaho but what about Holyhead out towards South Stack lighthouse looking out to the Irish Sea? Shouldn't be too much light pollution.

There are the remains of some prehistoric dwellings there too which would provide a bit of shelter ..... Just a thought.
    (My parents live just up from Porthdaforch Beach and it has crossed my mind several times to try and do some astral photography there .... Tbh I'm just in a round about way using you as a guinea pig to see whether it's worth doing!!)

8. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Doing stuff
    Apart from the South Stack Lighthouse.

You may be able to find a nice spot nestled in at the foot of the cliffs on the west side of Holyhead Mountain.

9. crizack

crizack

You can take a shit picture of a sunset or a top picture of a piece of turd.

Too much editing for my liking anyway. Couldn't imagine Kevin Carter uploading his photos and adjusting the light balances on Photoshop.

10. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Doing stuff
    Very rare for published image not to have any form of post production work, even in the old days of wet film. Minor cropping, and dodging/burning of specific areas of an image was commonplace in darkrooms. Even Boots Photo lab used to colour balance your images without even telling you.