Photography

i was/am a pro motorsports photographer (mainly bikes) so cant offer much help as the shutter speeds, apertures and ISO's are completely different to say...landscape and portrait.
What i used to do when i first started was shoot say 5 or 6 shots using a certain setting, write down the setting in a little notebook then change said setting either 1 click up or down and take 5 or 6 more, write that down then carry on the process.
When you upload them to your pc you can then tell if they're too dark or whatever and work it out from there

racingeye said:
i was/am a pro motorsports photographer (mainly bikes) so cant offer much help as the shutter speeds, apertures and ISO's are completely different to say...landscape and portrait.
What i used to do when i first started was shoot say 5 or 6 shots using a certain setting, write down the setting in a little notebook then change said setting either 1 click up or down and take 5 or 6 more, write that down then carry on the process.
When you upload them to your pc you can then tell if they're too dark or whatever and work it out from there
This is a good way to learn. Todays cameras also offers us other ways to control the exposure. A very useful tool is the histogram which can be used on the 650D to immediately check that your pictures aren't heavily underexposed or burned out. Also most editing software will tell you about what settings you used while taking the picture as you go through them on your PC.

SiWatts90 said:
Cheers again for all the posts, been away so will read through it all :)

Bought myself a Sigma 10-20 whilst away so looking forward to having a go with that
Put some of your pics up, would like to see how you got on, would also like to recommend adobe light room to you its great for getting the finish to your photo without over editing like in Photoshop

Hamann Pineapple said:
Will you take some naked pictures of me on your bike ?

You'll have to watch your mainspring doesn't get tangled up in the brake wires !

Chap I went to college with created this simple guide for photographers starting out. I found it useful.

<a class="postlink" href="http://waltzingmaltida.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://waltzingmaltida.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.