Photography

homerdog said:
117 M34 said:
Of course I'm serious, if someone wants to put a picture up of something they have taken, I will find a better picture of the same thing using google images, without leaving my chair.

Go on then...

wh011c.jpg

That's a great pic

homerdog said:
117 M34 said:
Of course I'm serious, if someone wants to put a picture up of something they have taken, I will find a better picture of the same thing using google images, without leaving my chair.

Go on then...

wh011c.jpg

Fantastic image and a unique one, to boot!

I think you win this challenge :)

Take the pictures that mean something to you:

130426-13012.jpg

Doesn't matter then that someone else has shot a similar motive with more proficiency. Learning as you go is the joy of it.

If you starting to take an interest get a used or a cheap DSLR. A normal zoom and maybe a faster prime lens is all you need in the beginning. And lenses you definitely buy second-hand. Cameras get worn out but quality lenses can last for ages. Shoot RAW and get Lightroom (30 days free trial).

I took some street shots in your lovely city in April - see them here. Cheers.

@DruntBlunt
Take the pictures that mean something to you:
Doesn't matter then that someone else has shot a similar motive with more proficiency. Learning as you go is the joy of it.

Absolutely right! :)

Lovely images on your site: the Manchester selection is excellent and I especially liked the first one.

SiWatts90 said:
I'm not sure whether i'm having an early midlife crisis or not and the Mrs say's it's rather gay but a couple of months back whilst out on my bike, I decided I wanted a new 'hobby'. Bought myself a Canon 650d and have started to really enjoy snapping lots of different subjects, mainly buildings of interest.

Anyone else into photography? amateur or pro..

After some recommendations of books etc to help me to the next level

Nothing gay about photography mate. The bike riding is something I would be concerned about. ;)

toby said:
homerdog said:
117 M34 said:

Go on then...

wh011c.jpg

That's a great pic

Agreed, looks excellent. Fair play to you!
Now to my challenge of finding a better one.
Can I check that is the white house, it looks like it but I don't want to post a pic of the wrong thing and look completely stupid.
What is the large building/spire in the background?

117 M34 said:
Now to my challenge of finding a better one

Even if you do, somehow I can't see you feeling anything like the sense of accomplishment that homerdog feels when he looks at that photo. Creating something vs finding something? No contest.

Not read the whole thread so sorry if its been mentioned but I find dpreview the best site for all aspects of photography from learning the basics to entering challenges, you can also ask for advice & read reviews on equipment by people who use it everyday,
Dont always go for the most expensive new equipment as some semi pro stuff just a couple of years old can be had for a fraction of its new cost when your ready to upgrade, hope some of this helps & enjoy taking photos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.