Pictures of City and United fans from the 70's

Incredible photos. I love these kind of shots which show the fashions and the haircuts, and to me take me back to an era more than pictures f buildings or bands or teams.

For some reason Photoshop keeps crashing, so I can't upload my favourite picture. But it's the early one, taken outside the Kippax in 1977 which shows a gang of young, fledgling punks on their way to the game. Superb.

They certainly liked their tartan didn't they? Sad bay city roller loving twats.

They were a big hooligan club in that era. They were into that train-wrecking, end-invading, safety-in-numbers 70s yob thing. You can actually see on those photos the difference at City: The Cool Cats were around as a compact and organised "firm", prior to that becoming the norm in the 80s. the fact that they were all black scared the hell out of many visiting fans. I was only a kid but they were talked about in hushed tones in the playground.

Cool Cat
A) A cool person. Someone who's funny, cool and entertaining; a chill person.

A red = a twat in a tartan scarf

Bunch of scruffy ugly red fuckers

Donalds coach trips were an EXPERIENCE

These are great pictures. Just how I remmber those days. The two sets of fans do look differerent. City were less into denim jackets and tartan. No wonder visiting fans were intimidated. It's incredible to see how the demographic has changed at modern football. It really was a different world then.

So what's the deal with the shite patches and badges everywhere!?! Presume that's a 70's thing?

I'm an 80's child so missed the 70's, although I do try and get info out of my dad about the days he used to go for a night at Belle Vue in his electric blue (or peppermint green) flares and plastic shoes. Not that the 80's were any better for fashion mind.

I remember going to owed Trafford in 1977 all United sussed out city lads we had punk straight leg jeans on Utd were still wearing flares! Ps some great pictures there .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.