PL to investigate City's academy transfers

It doesn't take a genius to figure out this was someone at the dippers trying to point attention away from their own tapping up case of last week.
More a case of the constant "throw shit and hope some sticks" instigated by the two Miseryside clubs and the rags that's been going on for a year and a half now. Get enough negative headlines in the papers and parents might ignore the superior coaching, facilities and academic education seems to be what they're hoping for.

you think the class of 92 was not tapped up by fergie and united

even giggs was a manchester city youth player and with a quick change of name and bang united signed him scholes was with oldham beckham links in london i knew the family of the paul scholes and lived on the blackley eastate then next thing moved to a very nice house and nice new car ????

We don't do aggressive scouting. We do passive scouting of kids who are real prospects at other academies.
For sure we will make it known that City think such a kid is a great prospect but the parents come to us as they are desperate to get their kids into our accademy with it's training facilities and private education.
The process from that point is supposed to be legally watertight driven by the parents. We shall see whether it is I guess. If it isn't the penalty given to Liverpool will be a mere bagatelle compared to ours.
The fact that our drug testing regime was full of holes does not fill me with that much confidence.

Do they examine phone and bank records for all signings? It seems quite intrusive, must admit I didnt know they had such extensive powers. Examining phone records must be quite a time consuming exercise if done properly.
It's only for transfers between cat 1 academies in England & Wales and I suspect that the phone records and bank details checks are only done when needed for cases that have raised a red flag. Although the article suggests that they're doing that for 3 cases it may be incorrect.

Oh how everybody is envying us. So much so they can't handle it. And I'm talking every aspect within the club.
Just jealous of us most comments don't deserve a reply, next year will be the 25 year in a row that the dippers are going to win the league, totally deluded and living in the past, don't understand just lie the rags that one team dominating the league won't ever happen again.

Yes, when he was still reading English at Oxford, Jack used to publish a blog entitled The Lonesome Death of Roy Carroll, which was the best City blog of the time. The last update was just over 6 years ago: http://tldorc.blogspot.ru/ - presumably finals and then his new career intervened after that.

To be fair, the headline and sub-heading (which won't be his work) make much more of a point of the investigation than the article does. He doesn't give it much emphasis at all, IMO.

Forgive my lack of misunderstanding but initially I thought your reference to being a blue referred to the dark blue of Oxford University (rather than the possibly more appropriate pale blue of Cambridge).

As you say the headlines are written elsewhere with the need to sell that particular article to a more receptive public who seemingly prefer negatives about the best of the available talent gravitating to the Etihad.

Forgive my lack of misunderstanding but initially I thought your reference to being a blue referred to the dark blue of Oxford University (rather than the possibly more appropriate pale blue of Cambridge).

As you say the headlines are written elsewhere with the need to sell that particular article to a more receptive public who seemingly prefer negatives about the best of the available talent gravitating to the Etihad.

Sorry - I meant a City fan. He also attended Oxford University, but I wouldn't call him a 'Blue' for his Oxford association because it has a particular meaning in an Oxbridge context (it's an honour people are awarded for representing the university at sport).

Gary James has said a number of times that, when MCFC first adopted light blue shirts, they were officially referred to as 'Cambridge Blue' - e.g., see here: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/only-1-city.221049/page-3#post-4418030

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.