PL to investigate City's academy transfers

The way we have been recruiting recently will have definitely raised eyebrows, as our improvement over the last 5 years has been dramatic.

The Garre transfer from Velez in Argentina even with him reportedly having an Italian passport looked a little suspect at the time when reading about the complaint from Velez to FIFA/ UEFA.

I don't see any difference in what we are doing now to what Fergie did in his early days at United.

To get the class of 92 etc.. Fergie had scouts everywhere trying to get the best countries talent.

I could be wrong but I am sure in them days you were restricted to boundaries? If so it didn't stop them getting Beckham.

They got Giggs off us as well.

The way we have been recruiting recently will have definitely raised eyebrows, as our improvement over the last 5 years has been dramatic.

The Garre transfer from Velez in Argentina even with him reportedly having an Italian passport looked a little suspect at the time when reading about the complaint from Velez to FIFA/ UEFA.

I don't see any difference in what we are doing now to what Fergie did in his early days at United.

To get the class of 92 etc.. Fergie had scouts everywhere trying to get the best countries talent.

I could be wrong but I am sure in them days you were restricted to boundaries? If so it didn't stop them getting Beckham.

They got Giggs off us as well.
The rules and regulations have changed quite a bit since the 1990`s.

The rules and regulations have changed quite a bit since the 1990`s.

Are they not more lenient nowadays, mate?

I am pretty sure it was quite hard in them days say for example for a North West team to poach a South West teams player let alone go signing players from around Europe and in our case at times, the world.

I think there is a more modern approach by footballs regulatory board together with more money for them to supervise the individual clubs.
Things that went on yesteryear are no longer relevant where historical success and traditional expectations prevailed.

As said in a recent post we just hope our officials have learnt their lesson and have dotted i's and crossed t's regarding procedures. Our recent success may have raised a few eyebrows and will make us a natural target for both media and our rivals so nothing new there.

We've certainly ruffled some feathers, don't forget some PL clubs are actually unwilling to play us at Youth Level. What irks me is how pieces like this regularly come out the day before a final. It feels like the achievements of the youngsters gets overlooked, and takes the shine off what they've accomplished so far.

We've certainly ruffled some feathers, don't forget some PL clubs are actually unwilling to play us at Youth Level. What irks me is how pieces like this regularly come out the day before a final. It feels like the achievements of the youngsters gets overlooked, and takes the shine off what they've accomplished so far.

In a way it is a compliment to our achievements but as you say it is trying to devalue any success we have. They seem to be forgetting these young players are mostly home grown and the sooner they gel together the sooner our National Teams will progress in the future. They should be glad we are doing the National Team job for them.

I think I can live with skewed reporting if we continue with Youth Level domination

Anybody have any idea what the charges are or a good guess what they might be? Sorry, I am not familiar with what improper conduct regarding Academy transfers usually is.

Surely if there's been no formal complaint then there's nothing for the Premier League to investigate?

That is exactly what I thought. I've even heard before today from the PL or the FA that if no one makes a complaint they won't act. Funny how, when it's our name in the frame they shift their fat arses! It'll be the placemen having someone's ear and the ball is rolling. We know why they don't like it - we can attract because of the facilities.

Anybody have any idea what the charges are or a good guess what they might be? Sorry, I am not familiar with what improper conduct regarding Academy transfers usually is.
We haven't been charged with anything, it's just normal diligence on youth transfers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.