Places to travel in USA as single

You should have come down as far as Jackson Hole, Wy then over into Idaho, a pint with me in Driggs,then cross to the Sawtooths and north up to Stanley Idaho then follow the Salmon river back to Salmon Id and over Lost Trail pass back into Montana...one of the most scenic drives you could take in the west. Stanley is a trip, especially if you get there in the winter
Didn't have time. Was just a 6 day loop.

Jackson Hole is definitely on the list though (in winter). We're all skiers.

We're spoilt being based in Calgary. It's been hard to justify going too far afield, but we're ticking a lot of western Canada off, so will probably venture south on our next big RV trip. Good to know.

Will stop in at Driggs for a pint when we do!!!

Didn't have time. Was just a 6 day loop.

Jackson Hole is definitely on the list though (in winter). We're all skiers.

We're spoilt being based in Calgary. It's been hard to justify going too far afield, but we're ticking a lot of western Canada off, so will probably venture south on our next big RV trip. Good to know.

Will stop in at Driggs for a pint when we do!!!
give Grande Targhee a try too, that's my local

it could be really cold up north by then or beautiful. what are you looking for? cities? beeches? hunting/fishing?
Sorry I meant I already landed last week in USA and will stay there till oct for work...so thinking of 1 trip per month on weekends...Looking for beaches, I like animals so maybe safari or zoo...also want to explore night life and visit beautiful places....

My son drove from Pittsburgh to Phoenix, which is just over 2,000 miles, in 3 days. That's equivalent to a return journey between London and Edinburgh every day for 3 days.
It's a state of mind thing I've come to realise and get used to. (Not done anything that long though!!)

One of the issues with facing a long drive in the U.K. is the traffic jams. I remember the dread of getting south of Junction 13 on the M6 and waiting for the backed up traffic around the next bend There's little pleasure in it. Driving in North America you just stick cruise control on, switch on the radio and watch the world go by. In itself the drive is part of the vacation, rather than a means to an end.

Sorry I meant I already landed last week in USA and will stay there till oct for work...so thinking of 1 trip per month on weekends...Looking for beaches, I like animals so maybe safari or zoo...also want to explore night life and visit beautiful places....
you could try the Badlands park in south Dakota or go up to the boundary waters off Lake Superior and rent a kayak for a day

119c5na.jpg

a busy highway in Idaho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.