Plane crash - Chapecoense FC - Awarded Copa Sudamericana - first game back today. P25

kupest

Reports are emerging that a plane with 72 passengers onboard has crashed in Colombia. The plane was reportedly carrying the Chapecoense FC football team. I think its the team that played Jesus' Palmieras yesterday. They apparently had a Copa Semi Final against Atletico Nacional (Moreno's previous club).
Hopefully everyones all right :(.

Reports are emerging that a plane with 72 passengers onboard has crashed in Colombia. The plane was reportedly carrying the Chapecoense FC football team. I think its the team that played Jesus' Palmieras yesterday. They apparently had a Copa Semi Final against Atletico Nacional (Moreno's previous club).

It is that team. 81 on board including crew. Plane apparently declared an emergency. Awful.

Not much info at this stage.

There are reports of survivors but,as expected,doesnt sound good.

Edit - Six confirmed survivors so far.

Last edited:
Latest is that only 6 survivors at best which is just horrific.

Sky just showed video of he team at the airport in the same way our boys go about their business before a Euro away and it really does bring home what a terrible tragedy this is.

They aren't; only 6 survivors out of 80+ passengers

Not sure that it's been confirmed that there are only "six survivors". There seem to be conflicting reports. Last I heard was that firefighters in Medellin believed there were 25-27 fatalities, although I'm sure that figure will rise. Awful news.

Local radio reporting 'many survivors' but given most of it is going through translation engines it's difficult to draw any definitive conclusions.

Tragic.

Awful news. For me, I can't think of anything worse then being in a plane that's about to crash, its just the thought of being trapped, and completely helpless thats the most frightening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.