Plane crash - Chapecoense FC - Awarded Copa Sudamericana - first game back today. P25

i read that barca have offered to play the team. although this is a nice gesture it smacks of profile raising at the expense of someone elses misfortune (bit like utd with the miners).

i think it should be a world 11 to play them.

Perhaps a team of Brazilians and Argentines drawn from City and CFC. Well, there again, perhaps not!

I find it incredible that the Brazilian FA insisted that Chapocoense fulfilled its final league fixture.

Fortunately, sense prevailed and the gates remained locked and no points were awarded.

It seems the Brazilian FA is as out of touch as its English counterpart.

It'd be a nice touch for clubs to have a collection in Europe, cover the fine and give the rest to the families/help build the club up again.

The FA's all round the world are all cockwombles.

Just read the preliminary accident report.
It pretty much confirms all suspicions of fraudulent planning, incompetence, criminal negligence and poor airmanship. The pilot's main priority was to cover up all evidence of wrongdoing whilst hoping that the aircraft would just about make it. The Cockpit Voice Recorder was stopped nearly two hours before the crash after some discussions about fuel, presumably to prevent further incriminating discussions being recorded.

The Cockpit Voice Recorder was stopped nearly two hours before the crash after some discussions about fuel, presumably to prevent further incriminating discussions being recorded.
That's pretty shocking, but why am I not surprised ?

I also didn't know that the Brazilian FA had fined them for not playing the final game, disgraceful.

Just read the preliminary accident report.
It pretty much confirms all suspicions of fraudulent planning, incompetence, criminal negligence and poor airmanship. The pilot's main priority was to cover up all evidence of wrongdoing whilst hoping that the aircraft would just about make it. The Cockpit Voice Recorder was stopped nearly two hours before the crash after some discussions about fuel, presumably to prevent further incriminating discussions being recorded.

something does not sit right with this, the CVR cannot be disabled by the flight crew while the plane is in the air so whoever has released that info is wrong this includes the data recorder to which has its own independent power supply and reserve battery supply, the only way to deactivate the systems is via the APU which is outside the aircraft

Please can we keep the arguments away from a thread about the deaths of 71 people?

Chapecoense will need a good five to ten years to get back to where they were, but with the average cost of players to Brazilian teams, one friendly against Barcelona would help massively.

something does not sit right with this, the CVR cannot be disabled by the flight crew while the plane is in the air so whoever has released that info is wrong this includes the data recorder to which has its own independent power supply and reserve battery supply, the only way to deactivate the systems is via the APU which is outside the aircraft
That's not correct. There is a circuit breaker for the CVR in the overhead panel behind one of the pilots. There are certain circumstances where the pilot should disable the CVR in flight - I doubt this was one of them.

The recorders don't have their own power supplies. They are connected to the Essential busbar which remains live after the main generators fail. Power to the essential busbar is only lost after the standby generator also stops working. This would happen after all engines stop running. Even at this point there is still emergency power from the battery for a few vital services.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.