Player gets sent off tackling a streaker

eshiers1 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Right okay then what a legend he must be in his own lunchtime

It may be the law but its wrong and everyone knows it is. I guess though if the player run up to him and smacked him though he would get a red card which makes it right

i dont think the law is wrong at all, if a fan comes on the pitch why should a player be allowed to tackle/assault him?
leave it to the stewards/police to apprehend him who will be trained in how to handle it.

perhaps players at all levels need to be told about this law cos i doubt its common knowledge but i dont think you can blame the ref for simply aplying the laws!

Are you a traffic warden by any chance?

eshiers1 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Right okay then what a legend he must be in his own lunchtime

It may be the law but its wrong and everyone knows it is. I guess though if the player run up to him and smacked him though he would get a red card which makes it right

i dont think the law is wrong at all, if a fan comes on the pitch why should a player be allowed to tackle/assault him?
leave it to the stewards/police to apprehend him who will be trained in how to handle it.

perhaps players at all levels need to be told about this law cos i doubt its common knowledge but i dont think you can blame the ref for simply aplying the laws!

Yeah i can the ref is a **** end of story. Stewards were doing fuck all and the players dont want to just stand around while he plods around for his own amusement

Even though it's a football match surely he could claim he was doing a citizens arrest and by doing his civic duty it should bear ( no pun intended) an relevance to the match.

Just another one of those aspects of the rules where some referees are praying to God all week so that it might happen in their next game. Kickin' the ball away, tekkin' off yer shirt slap 'em with a yeller. An' when yer get Rooney elbowin', Gerrard forearm-smashin', Carragher and Rafael attempting to tek folk off at the knee, it's allowed to pass.

How anyone can defend that is crazy. Appalling decision!

Besides, if the rule is 'excessive force' can anyone really say that was excessive?

It is an absurd rule. What if that ran towards a player, does he have a right to react then?

jay_mcfc said:
How anyone can defend that is crazy. Appalling decision!

Besides, if the rule is 'excessive force' can anyone really say that was excessive?

It is an absurd rule. What if that ran towards a player, does he have a right to react then?

According to eshiers its okay if he wins the ball

So Bellamy should of been sent off at the swamp last season when he twated the rag who ran on ?

could of had a knive or anything.

if the guy brandished a knive in the refs face and went to stab him and the player tackled him down, would the referee send him off?

well done referee, you've got your spotlight and your famous 15 minutes.

It's the sort of thing clattenburg/walton would do for the attention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.