Player of the Year: KDB v Salah

balotelli's back pocket

Debate is beginning to rage on this one, so I have a question...

How pissed off will you be when salah inevitably steals it from our kev?

Will be delighted if Kev gets it but if it's Salah I won't begrudge him because he's had an exceptional season. We all know that the vote is made by human beings, it's based on their opinions, and some of them will have their preferences and be biased in favour of their club. On the other hand Kev already has one trophy in his back pocket, soon to be followed by at least one more. And unlike the player of the year, the trophies Kev has won are based purely on results on the pitch. This is the true test of talent and ability. If it goes to Salah, then let him enjoy the minor honours in the knowledge that Kev has won the only ones that matter.

It really comes down to who's the hot topic whenever they took the vote. I don't know when they did it but if it was before March then De Bruyne would be the far more likely. Had Kane scored a couple of back to back hattricks around voting time he would've been a strong contender too. That's how it works.

Will be delighted if Kev gets it but if it's Salah I won't begrudge him because he's had an exceptional season. We all know that the vote is made by human beings, it's based on their opinions, and some of them will have their preferences and be biased in favour of their club. On the other hand Kev already has one trophy in his back pocket, soon to be followed by at least one more. And unlike the player of the year, the trophies Kev has won are based purely on results on the pitch. This is the true test of talent and ability. If it goes to Salah, then let him enjoy the minor honours in the knowledge that Kev has won the only ones that matter.

The thing is when one of our players has an exceptional season and another team wins the league our player gets a mention in passing and the player of the season comes from the team that wins the league! We win the league and none of our players get it or the manager gets manager of the season!

It’s the power of the history clubs media supporting impartial at its best! NOT.

Thought about this the other day. Some people have said KDB has dropped a notch but I think having played virtually every game it’s not surprising. However when was our title really won? It was won in that long run prior to Anfield, it was won away at Chelsea, away at Old Trafford, home to Liverpool, home to Arsenal, smashing the likes of Stoke. In these games KDB was outstanding! There’s only 1 winner for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.