Player of the Year: KDB v Salah

Salah has turned out to be another Luis Suarez - without having the propensity to bite opposing players. He’s had a phenomenal season, and you could even argue he’s one of the best five players in Europe at the moment.

As much as I adore De Bruyne, he hasn’t been anywhere near as consistent as Salah. He had a purple patch where he resembled a mixture of Pirlo and Zidane but his form has dipped this year.

Reluctantly, I think you are spot on. If Kev was showing his early season form then he would be nailed on. His recent performances though, have fallen a bit below his previous stellar best.

Reluctantly, I think you are spot on. If Kev was showing his early season form then he would be nailed on. His recent performances though, have fallen a bit below his previous stellar best.

The PFA player of the year is voted for around late Feb, before KDB suffered his dip and Salah started to get every pundits vote, so KDB may just have got the PFA one, the football writers one is voted for this month, so it's probably Salah for that one, especially as most of the media wouldn't dream of voting for a City player.

The PFA did the voting later this year, it was only a few weeks ago. Salah will run away with it and over the season he probably deserves it. I'm sure Kev will get over it when he gets his Premier League winners medal......when not if.

The PFA player of the year is voted for around late Feb, before KDB suffered his dip and Salah started to get every pundits vote, so KDB may just have got the PFA one, the football writers one is voted for this month, so it's probably Salah for that one, especially as most of the media wouldn't dream of voting for a City player.
I think you’re right. KDB deserves the POTY for getting us to where we are with stellar performances earlier in the year. Sane and Pep for a clean sweep.

Be a lot of poeple changing there votes in the last month it’s close but what anyone with a bit of intelligence should know is kdb done first half of the season that’s put us 13 points clear. We all know though the scouser media bang wagon is hard to stop saying that though Salah has been brilliant and if he gets it fair do’s.

Shortlist for POTY and YPOTY announced at 12:00 today. I'd imagine they'll look something like this:

POTY
Mohamed Salah
Kevin De Bruyne
Harry Kane
David De Gea
David Silva
One of Raheem Sterling/Roberto Firmino/Son Heung-min/Christian Eriksen/Fernandinho/Leroy Sané

YPOTY
Leroy Sané
Raheem Sterling
Davinson Sanchez
Emre Can
Dele Alli
Wilfred Ndidi

From those shortlists I'd go with Salah and Sterling

Shortlist for POTY and YPOTY announced at 12:00 today. I'd imagine they'll look something like this:

POTY
Mohamed Salah
Kevin De Bruyne
Harry Kane
David De Gea
David Silva
One of Raheem Sterling/Roberto Firmino/Son Heung-min/Christian Eriksen/Fernandinho/Leroy Sané

YPOTY
Leroy Sané
Raheem Sterling
Davinson Sanchez
Emre Can
Dele Alli
Wilfred Ndidi

From those shortlists I'd go with Salah and Sterling

Shame the votes are done before the champs final because unless you win something in my book you shouldn’t be player of the season

It's POTY not the season thats why votes for in Feb and in the 12 months previous Kev is the outstanding choice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.