Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

He's not wank. He's not good enough for us or any of the other top 4 premier league teams (ironically he'd probably have gotten a decent amount of games for Utd) but he'll have a decent career.
As much as I was a fan of Mancini I don't think he handled Boyata great which probably put doubt in the lads mind and affected his confidence.
Not sure how anyone can give the lad too much grief.

Good post Pablo

Good luck to Dedryk. I'm sure he will do well at Celtic.

As for those who claim he was always shit, I remember one of his early matches for us - it might even have been his debut - he played at right-back against the chavs and had an absolute stormer of a game.

As others have said, it's always sad to see one of our Academy lads move on, but hopefully, he will be replaced by Jason Denayer.

Looks as though the Celtic deal is on, £1.5 million.
His father saying he regrets he signed for City 9 years ago.
Quoted from the Daily Record, sorry cant copy and paste.

He proved he wasn't good enough for the bankrupt Bolton squad let alone ours and I am sure he was well paid for his level of ability

I wish Boyata all the luck for the future and hope he gets to play regularly at Celtic and forge a good career for himself. He is still young, talented and has a fantastic attitude and head on his shoulders so there is no reason to think that he will not be a success. Also kudos for Txiki for shifting him out for the benefit of all parties, getting some money and creating space in the squad for perhaps another youth player to fill.

It was always going to be an uphill task for Boyata to force himself into our strong team but I cannot fault him whosoever in terms of the way he carried himself and with that attitude, he has already completed half the journey or even more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.