Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

He's not wank. He's not good enough for us or any of the other top 4 premier league teams (ironically he'd probably have gotten a decent amount of games for Utd) but he'll have a decent career.
As much as I was a fan of Mancini I don't think he handled Boyata great which probably put doubt in the lads mind and affected his confidence.
Not sure how anyone can give the lad too much grief.
Excellent, sensible post, some rubbish posted on here, he wasn't good enough to play at the level we want, but when asked always did his best, hope it works out better in Scotland for him.

I won't be hypocritical and pretend I thought he was good just because he has gone. Truth is the vast majority of time I saw him I thought he was poor, which was strange, as early on in his career I thought he looked good.

Anyway I'm glad he has gone and wish him all the best.

Denayer miles better prospect.

Last edited:
Good luck to the lad. Not his fault that he wasn't the level of player we're looking for. As others have said, he'll go on to have a good career. The SPL won't be too taxing for him, and if he plays consistently well, he may end up getting a move to a better standard of football, possibly on the continent.

34ngxvk.png

Keep in mind he was playing at RB if he did get the chance the last few years and he is definitely not a RB. He was okay at CB and should be fine at Celtic.

Amazed he was ever anywhere near the first team,didnt look arsed half the time.
But I agree with a previous poster .
Mancini didn't handle Boyata career at City that well .
Anyway Boyata best of luck at Celtic .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.