Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Really wanted this lad to succeed at City. Yes he has scored a lot of vital goals and will never personally forget that, but at times he doesn't look the least bit interested and couldn't trap a sack of cement. The jury is still out five years on.

I have mixed feelings about Edin. I think he's scored some extremely important goals for the club and that should forever be remembered but I've also rarely seen a more meek player and someone so easily shrugged off his game and thereafter someone who is just so low on confidence and looking like he'd rather have any other shirt on than a City shirt than Edin, to the point where I want to give him a dig in the face!

One bad touch early in a game and he looks like he might start crying. Then for half an hour he'll have slumped shoulders and his head down and his work rate will be non-existent and he'll be bullied by centre halves...or he'll look like one of the most vibrant and best centre forwards on the planet...and nothing in between!

Remember early in the Mancini title winning season when he was firing goals in left right and centre he, looked amazing. Then by March of that season it was like he was doing us a favour being at the club. That Spurs away game we lost under Mancini in 2013; Edin was a fucking disgrace in that game. Then come pre-season under Pellegrini he was happy and banging in wonder goals v Sunderland in Hong Kong with a big smile on his face. Then when Negredo was firing in goals and couldn't be dropped Edin didn't even break a sweat when brought in as a sub or even starting in games. Then by the end of last season he looked like the best striker in Europe scoring 7 in 8 away games or something and he looked pumped up all the time and happy.

This season he's had a face like slapped arse all year and then last week when the players did heir lap of appreciation he wouldn't even look at the fans most of the time.

I don't want players like that at City. No matter how good they can be at their best. He has absolutely no determination in his whole body when things aren't going his way. He comes across as a total wimp of a man when the going gets tough.

Great post and about sums it up for me. Was a fan of Dzeko but his attitude sometimes is annoying and it's like playing with 10 players. I wonder if he's capable of changing and becoming an important player for us ? Personally I don't think so.

Some real fucking shit posted on here. In only come in every now and then because it annoys me to see Blues talk about one of our players in the way they do. I know it's about opinions, but I honestly believe some people don't watch the games.

All or nothing, is our Edin. When you throw around the terminology of confidence players, he is most certainly at the top of that list. The issue is that the good isn't as frequented as the bad, and when he's bad he is absolutely awful. Couldn't trap a flat mattress and his first touch goes further than I can kick it. A general lack of interest and he sulks. Fuck me does he sulk.

I don't think he suits our system. He reads the game well and is a goal poacher. Think he needs to be first choice in a club for the sake of his moral, and in a club that plays a bit more direct. He comes alive in the 6 yard box in terms of getting on the end of things. Good in the air as well. Useless with his back to goal and that is the most the important thing playing in a team that goes to feet all the time like we do. He hasn't the pace to be getting in behind or play on the shoulder. That is kuns game and why they don't work as a pair. It's also why I think Bony is a better option.

Dzeko 9 times from 10 is the man at the end of the move putting it in the net. His link up play is awful. You'd have to build your team around him to get the best out of him in a system where he comes alive. We have too many good players to be doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.