Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very confident he will be gone in the summer, so I guess it doesn't much matter but I'm gonna have my say anyway.

I defended Dzeko for a long time, and no doubt he has scored some 'heavy' goals for us and been involved in some important moments, however as time has worn on I've been forced to question his attitude. Edin simply does not turn it on unless he has another striker breathing down his neck trying to take his position in the side whether it be Tevez, Balotelli, Negredo. His best moments have always been when he being challenged by another player for his position in the first 11. A club with the ambition that we have simply can't carry a player who is only prepared to put in the effort when their spot is challenged and to just cruise their way along the rest of the time. It just isn't good enough. We need players who always want to show how good they are, who are able to self-motivate, who want to be the best. Dzeko plays like he just wants to be 'good enough' to hold his position and once the pressure is off, he switches off.

It's time to go Edin, thanks for the great moments but City need a different breed if we are gonna reach the places we want to be.

M9 Blue said:
grim up north said:
M9 Blue said:
Dzeko blanked the manager at the final whistle . Toure and Nasri ignored what the manager was asking them to do towards the end. I take no pleasure in posting this stuff, but these players are doing this manager no favours.

What were they being asked to do
Toure was asked to sit and Nasri was asked to go up top
Asking Yaya to sit is an invitation for him to park his arse on the turf!

M9 Blue said:
grim up north said:
M9 Blue said:
Dzeko blanked the manager at the final whistle . Toure and Nasri ignored what the manager was asking them to do towards the end. I take no pleasure in posting this stuff, but these players are doing this manager no favours.

What were they being asked to do
Toure was asked to sit and Nasri was asked to go up top

An honest question - how do you know what MP was asking them to do?

Nasri picked up an injury and MP asked Yaya to drop deeper so that Nasri could stay up front, I don't think Yaya realised that Nasri was struggling and there was lots of arms waving etc with a few minutes to go. As for Edin at one stage when other subs were warming up he was just stood there watching the game. He wasn't even pretending to warm up or look interested. Personally, if Bony is fit, I wouldn't even have Edin in the squad for the rest of the season.

IMO the guy can`t have much professional pride if he continues to stroll around the pitch,looking more at his boots and grass,than trying to move into space,move his arse and bring his fellow team members into play.
A walk in the park is a very apt description of Dzeko`s displays,yet the fucker seems to be able to do it for his beloved country.Just fuck him off for next season and bring someone in who wants to put a shift in.

Looks like he's not going to be here next season.

A lot of similarities with Dzeko's body language now and in Mancini's last few months.

Year after year people are talking about how he's going to leave in the next transfer window and yet he's still here, while the other strikers have left us (Jovetic next?). At this rate he's going to stay with us until he retires.

M9 Blue said:
hmmmmm i don't usually have a go at city playersi like to give them the benefit of the doubt but today Dzeko and Nasri tried to stitch the manager up and for that reason they can both f*** off in the summer

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.