Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WNRH said:
I'd expect someone who cost £12m to be decent against Championship opposition. Different story against Barca, Bayern and Real.
Didn't play in Munich away, lost 1-0
Played against Munich home won3-2
Played against Barca home lost 2-1
Not involved against Barca away, lost 1-0

3 defeats out of 4, but not involved in 2 of the defeats.

cleavers said:
WNRH said:
I'd expect someone who cost £12m to be decent against Championship opposition. Different story against Barca, Bayern and Real.

Ah yes, I remember his alertness and defensive hard work in that game

[video]https://vine.co/v/OQLKKK7I6uQ[/video]

pudge said:
I know, we lost, so it was all Fernando's fault was it ?

Back to recent performances though, is he improving ?

He came from a 2 team league, to a very competitive PL, he's never been a regular starter, but for me he's improving, I'm happy with that, but I don't expect perfection right away from players who come into the PL from lesser leagues. Silva was an exception, but even Aguero, Yaya, and others took time to settle.

When Yaya isn't playing, he's looked to form a solid duo with Fernandiho.

It's no coincidence that our best performances as a team (ie grinding out results) have come when we have a strong defensive midfield duo.

I'm not saying Yaya is a liability as he is unplayable on his day, but when we play better sides, we cannot afford to have a passenger in there defensively.

The Roma away game is my favourite performance of the season. Yaya didn't play and we were rock solid at the back and dangerous on the break. Going forwards, I think that blueprint should be our plan A against good sides. We can be more attacking against the lesser sides, but we've lost the league this year because we weren't defensively strong enough as a unit.

Fernando does his job well. He's a limited midfielder, but does what he does well.

cleavers said:
pudge said:

I know, we lost, so it was all Fernando's fault was it ?

Back to recent performances though, is he improving ?

He came from a 2 team league, to a very competitive PL, he's never been a regular starter, but for me he's improving, I'm happy with that, but I don't expect perfection right away from players who come into the PL from lesser leagues. Silva was an exception, but even Aguero, Yaya, and others took time to settle.
Yes, because that's what I said. I distinctly remember typing the words "We lost against Barcelona at home solely because of Fernando".

It may appear that I wrote something completely different but I can assure you, as you have assured me, that I place all the blame on him.

Now back to reality, no I don't think he's improving. Mangala is a player who is visibly improving game after game; Fernando is not.

I just rewatched the match against QPR, and he was actually fucking immense that day. It was just QPR, but he seemed to be a few steps more mobile and dynamic than his usual.

pudge said:
cleavers said:
WNRH said:

Lets see your other snippets for every other of our players who have showed indifference this year, because there would be fookin hundreds of them. He is new to our league, our country and our team. Give the lad a break FFS

mosssideblue said:
Lets see your other snippets for every other of our players who have showed indifference this year, because there would be fookin hundreds of them. He is new to our league, our country and our team. Give the lad a break FFS
Sorry, thought this was the Fernando thread.

My mistake.

pudge said:
mosssideblue said:

My mistake.

Your right about that

mosssideblue said:
pudge said:
mosssideblue said:

My mistake.

Your right about that
My right what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.