Player Topic: Fernando (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not complete rubbish .
In fact his best game was in Roma away last year .
He works better when Fernandinho with him in midfield .
There is a player in there if you don't go gung-ho like Pellergrini likes to .

I dont think he's a bad player but, rather like Garcia, he's not the type of defensive midfielder that City need. Both Fernando and Garcia are fairly static, tend to station themselves in front of the centre backs and play in the middle of the pitch. Very little lateral movement. We're usually more vulnerable to attacks down our flanks, especially the left. We need a more high energy defensive midfielder that can move laterally, cover large areas of the pitch. More in the mold of a De Jong at his best

He's not complete rubbish .
In fact his best game was in Roma away last year .
He works better when Fernandinho with him in midfield .
There is a player in there if you don't go gung-ho like Pellergrini likes to .

So he wouldn't fit in at City, Real, Barca, Bayern or Arsenal then?

I think this season he will come good. There is no way we will be as open this season. You got to think MP in his last year of his contract will do everything possible to get a new contract at the club. I can see MP showing Fernando some confidence and starting him and its up to Fernando to grab that chance. I think he is a better player than the 1 we saw last season. He knows its make or break for him at the club I think we will see the best of him. Its a shame for Delph with the injury he picked up but its a blessing for Fernando as it puts him in the driving seat and in the starting line up for the first game. I can see him playing in the first 2 league games of the season with injuries and players only back for pre season now.

I occasionally like the floundering seal but what's the point when Pellers seems intent on going full out for goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.