Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

He is a great squad player for us but a central midfielder he is not. I have never been impressed with his performances when played there and if that is what he has got lined up at Liverpool then their fans are going to be disappointed.

Good luck to him though. He put a shift in for us right until the end and I have no beef with him doing what he wants.

I'm more concerned with our transfer policy this summer as we can't afford another crap one.

Good luck to him. To be honest, when he'll be lining up against us next season he's not the sort of opposition player I think..."shit, he might cause us some serious damage here", unlike a lot of other midfielders playing in the PL. I can think of quite a few other midfielders I'm more worried about in other teams than Jimbo.
Give him some due, he's leaving to be a much more regular starter with someone else than he was with us so all this stuff about it being a bad move for him going to Liverpool because he won't win anything, well...perhaps he's not bothered about that but instead just wants to play every week and that sort of attitude is frankly refreshing these days.

Give him some due, he's leaving to be a much more regular starter with someone else than he was with us so all this stuff about it being a bad move for him going to Liverpool because he won't win anything, well...perhaps he's not bothered about that but instead just wants to play every week and that sort of attitude is frankly refreshing these days.

I doubt he'll play much more for Liverpool than he does with us. Don't think it is that big a factor in his decision either to be honest.

If you like players like milner we can carry on watching city at places like Norwich, I want to see us winning at places like real Madrid.
If you like players like milner we can carry on watching city at places like Norwich, I want to see us winning at places like real Madrid.
madrid, it's not much further than Norwich pal, hardly Australia is it !

I guess your going Australia with city, football should be watched on cold nights in Madrid mate , not in Australia in your budgie smugglers!

Last edited:
Personally. i think Milner is so inconsistent. I don't think he is one of the players the makes me think, OH NO he can't go!
He was fabulous in the 6 - 1 and never achieved that standard ever again. IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.