Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Can't believe some of the comments on here. Milner's a pro and always did his best for us. Makes me laugh when people call players out for running their contract down. Even if he did leave for the money (personally I think he just wanted to test himself elsewhere and also had an inkling of who we were bringing in), why should he sign a new contract in order for the richest club in the world to command a transfer fee at his own expense!? Players get slagged off for demanding a move having signed a long term contract and then they slagged off for seeing out their contract in a professional manner.

I think it was massively short-sighted of him to believe Liverpool could promise him a central midfield slot but I think that's why he did it. And even if he isn't playing where he wants to I'm sure he's still glad he made the move as he'd be getting jack shit game time with us this season which is no good to him at this stage of his career.

I see comments when we're in for players like "well nobody's gonna pay them as much as us". Are they mercenaries too?

I'm as happy as anyone to see Liverpool struggling but I really dont get the bad feeling towards a player that did a really decent job for us through the years.

All the dippers I know want him gone already and it's sad to hear tbh he was a favourite of mine when he was here. Should've stayed Jimmy.

But if they win the CO cup which they could I'm sure that medal will be more important to him than the one he won for getting splinters in his arse.

But ultimately Of course it's about money. It's always about money with footballers.
It would be about money with 99% of normal people tbf to them, the world we live in I suppose.

Met Jimmy in a changing room, never again, what he lacked in "tackle" he more than made up for in "head kicking in".

Super Jimmy Milner, JIM, more than not, likely to fill you IN.

Check his playing time from season to season.
Then check his comments about renewing his contract is all down to playing time.
Then he fucks off and signs for Liverpool.
He lied. Id have had more respect if he told the truth, but he didnt, he liedto the club, the fans, and for me he is one of the most despised ex city players of all time.
Dont say one thing and then do another. He shit on us, cost us a transfer fee for his own greed. Fuck him he was a shit **** anyway
Quite right. Sterling was honest about his desire to move and got pilloried. Milner told a pack of lies and everyone thought he was a stand-up guy. Fuck him. He's welcome to a bunch of losers like Liverpool.

Quite right. Sterling was honest about his desire to move and got pilloried. Milner told a pack of lies and everyone thought he was a stand-up guy. Fuck him. He's welcome to a bunch of losers like Liverpool.
He is the one true mercenary we had. It's just as well he nowhere matches in ability the players we have who love playing for our club.

It was a shit thing to do from Milner and even shittier thing to do against the club that had catered to his every request. Fuck that ungrateful, unprofessional, mercenary ****.

He was described in glowing terms on the Talk Shite match commentary yesterday 'Great engine, up and down, selfless team player' etc etc. They never had a decent word for him at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.