Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

He should have played in the EDS by now. Pointless him doing nothing with the first team, especially given his age.

Okay, fair enough. I just don't think he was ever earmarked for first team football this soon personally, and a few games in the EDS would make a lot more sense in the meantime, but i am willing to see how it pans out. If he's made his first team debut a month from now, fair enough. If not, I stand by fully what I said.

Okay, fair enough. I just don't think he was ever earmarked for first team football this soon personally, and a few games in the EDS would make a lot more sense in the meantime, but i am willing to see how it pans out. If he's made his first team debut a month from now, fair enough. If not, I stand by fully what I said.
I think everybody is jumping the gun a bit with this lad, we have absolutely no idea what the state of play is with him. Is he fit enough for the EDS (let alone the 1st team)? Are we announcing a season long loan today? Id he actually carrying an injury?

He's not long joined, give them time and trust in City to do what's right for the lad.

He's one for the future, a top English talent but he's unlikely to play for the first team this season. We clearly wanted to make our own judgement on him or we would have instantly loaned back to Fulham.

Ideally we'll find a good arrangement for a loan deal for him to develop further with a view to him coming into the side next season, potentially with Barker. Could be replacements for Nasri and Navas, Lopes is obviously already competing for those spots too.

I think everybody is jumping the gun a bit with this lad, we have absolutely no idea what the state of play is with him. Is he fit enough for the EDS (let alone the 1st team)? Are we announcing a season long loan today? Id he actually carrying an injury?

He's not long joined, give them time and trust in City to do what's right for the lad.

It doesn't actually matter what everyone thinks of him or his chances. He needs to be playing football at this stage of his career, & that is a fact. Same goes for Iheanacho & Denayer. So fine, we are only a week in, & none have played any serious football yet. If it reaches three weeks in & it's the same, then that is very wrong.

They need to play. Regularly.

Lopes too.

It doesn't actually matter what everyone thinks of him or his chances. He needs to be playing football at this stage of his career, & that is a fact. Same goes for Iheanacho & Denayer. So fine, we are only a week in, & none have played any serious football yet. If it reaches three weeks in & it's the same, then that is very wrong.

They need to play. Regularly.

Lopes too.

100% agree. Just fear there's a pattern emerging already. The next four games are against Everton, Watford, West Ham and Palace. If none of them have kicked a ball by then then we'll have to look into how we use them as its pointless having them sat in the stands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.