Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancs blue

I couldn't find a current topic for him but if I missed it please merge.

He gets so much stick on here that I just wanted to say he was excellent last night, he carried on his good form that he showed in the last 6 games of last season. He and Sterling linked very well, they look like becoming a dangerous attacking threat down the left hand side and Kolarov was solid defensively as well. Keep it up Aleks.

Good shout.....Couple of misplaced passes, but overall looked as dangerous as ever going forward. How he picks out a striker in a box with 10 defenders, amazing, he's underated. Also through himself to save a scramble in the box... all our back four look determined to get Joe his clean sheet.

I like him. He is just as fearless as Zab and works his socks off in most matches. The occasional brainfart aside I think he has improved on his defensive duties over time. Has a deadly left-foot and you couldn't ask for a cooler Santa.

I've been saying it for a while, but Kolarov (17 goals) and Clichy (1 goal) isn't a straight rotation.
Kolarov offers far more going forward, and his lack of pace only gets exposed when somebody commits an unforced error, with all the defenders out of position (Stoke h Sheff Wed H)
When Clichy plays, our opponents target his lack of height as a weakness. Allardyce and Van Gaal both admitted as such last season.

Very good performance last night, he had more touches than anyone barring Fernandinho and Silva. Some good defensive headers and always offered an option out wide. Didn't try and force the play as much as he has been guilty of in the past either; if the best pass was sideways last night then he played it.

He might win me over this season,especially with performances like last night,but knowing Pellers,Clichy will be in before we know it

Apart from the odd mistake giving the ball away last night it was a pretty good performance.

Aerially in defence he was superb.

Hands up again - top performance from Kolorov. Just need him to cut out those sillyy back heels. Maybe now with Sterling there he has some cover. We could end up having two very good left backs now they have cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.