Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Zab getting lot of games if Sagna continues like this. What he is showing this season is miles ahead of last year's Zabaleta.

Was excited when we signed this lad, off the back of 2 fantastic seasons at Arsenal. And for free.

But at the moment it looks like we overpaid for him. He may well come good in the next few weeks but until now he has failed to put in 1 satisfactory performance.

I don't think anyone would have disagreed with this summary or that he and kolarov showed no signs of improvement in the pre season. However he's been superb and as much as we all love zaba I think that sagnas more defensive nature is actually helping to give the team a better shape. Here's hoping he keeps it going.

Jeez. It's hard to believe Zabs might not get his place back. That cross to Sterling was a thing of beauty!

Sagna always looked a little overawed and defferential to other players last season. He has grown into the Club and has been immense.

It is easy to overlook just how awesome the City set-up and the players must look to newcomers.

Don't think he is any taller than Zabaleta - just more solid, muscular and confident in the air for someone his size.
Last season a lot of teams targeteted Zaba and Clichy with high balls to the back post.

If teams don't know who we are playing at LB/RB, that's not a tactic it's easy to incorporate into a game plan

So rotating between the full backs, assuming they are all playing equally well, may be a distinct advantage

Sagna always had good crosses. One for Arsenal when we beat them 6:3 for their last goal was beauty too and he had few more similar on that day.

Problems he had with attacking part of his game at City is that he has problems when Navas is playing, two of them don't have understanding up front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.