Player topic: David Silva (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I popped over to the History Forum the other day and had a look through the 50 Greatest Players.

It left me thinking that within a few years, that will need to be seriously updated, even the Top Ten, because I can think of at least four of our current squad who are going to walk into that Top Ten, not least the subject of this thread.

Many are already claiming he is the best player they've ever seen in Sky Blue and if he maintains his standards, he will definitely overtake The King as No. 1.

He won't be 'rated' until he dons a scarlet shirt as worn by several PL teams. Long may he resist the temptation!

Very true, I am quite glad he doesnt get the recognition he deserves as it stops others trying to prize him away, as long as he is happy knowing we all (all of us bar Jack74 that is) think he's the mutts nuts.

He won't be 'rated' until he dons a scarlet shirt as worn by several PL teams. Long may he resist the temptation!
He's one of those players who sometimes has an imperceptible affect on the game. He doesnt always play those sublime through balls but he dictates the tempo and direciton of play like no other. Literally (jamie redknapp TM) everything goes through him and his ability to find space and change the direction of play is thing of real beauty. Unless you get the chance to watch him in person it is sometimes missed as it doesnt reflect in highlight packages.
Coutinho scores 4 screamers a season and does pretty much fuck all else but they are what everyone see's replayed over and over on motd etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.