Player Topic: David Silva (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As, I suspected, there's a blind spot where Silva's concerned, and he certainly didn't run the show against Real Madrid or Barca.

Don't get me wrong, there are certain situations, (especially when City are already ahead, and starting to catch teams on the break), that Silva's vision is magnificent.

However,watch a rerun of Spain-Holland last year, particularly the second half when Silva was crucified by the Spanish Media for hiding when the wheels came off.
Guillem Balague has made the same point on numerous occasions when City have played a Spanish team, because regardless of whether we agree or disagree, that's the way he's perceived in Spain.

Don't get me wrong, there are certain situations, (especially when City are already ahead, and starting to catch teams on the break), that Silva's vision is magnificent.
Or in tight games like the last against spurs. Or when we're two goals down in Munich. Or anfield.

As, I suspected, there's a blind spot where Silva's concerned, and he certainly didn't run the show against Real Madrid or Barca.

However,watch a rerun of Spain-Holland last year, particularly the second half when Silva was crucified by the Spanish Media for hiding when the wheels came off.
Guillem Balague has made the same point on numerous occasions when City have played a Spanish team, because regardless of whether we agree or disagree, that's the way he's perceived in Spain.
Are you related to Jack74, by any chance?

He doesn't hide. That's an utterly ludicrous thing to say. Luis Aragones said he has the biggest balls of any of this Spanish generation.

The farce is strong with this one.

In my opinion, your opinion is crap.

You say "He didn't run the show against Real Madrid or Barca". Interestingly you have disregarded all comments made about Bayern games, and provide no evidence further than than your own opinion to support the statement. Based on the lack of evidence it is hardly surprising that people are disagreeing with you. I mean come on, that is a very poor strategy. Did you go to the games? Silva's contribution in those games was far greater than could be comprehended from watching on television. His spatial awareness off the ball in both games was magnificent. It was no coincide that Bayern, Real and Barca were all quicker to close him down with or without the ball than any other player on the pitch. Don't even get me started on how good he was versus Roma too.

In your attempts to devalue his role and combative spirit for City you pick not only a Spanish game, but also choose to specifically pick out just 45 minutes.Just to make it unequivocally clear you have chosen to focus on 0.55% of his international career (by minutes) and only 0.09% of the entire minutes he has played for club and country in his career to back up your arguement. Does that sound like a good way to make a decision? It's not like even great players like Messi have the occasional bad game, you know like last night in the Copa America game. Lets not talk about the Euro 2012 final were he bust a gut to score a header that helped put Spain in control.

Silva carried us through a 2-0 win at Hull, dragged us through West Ham away last season. Don't even pretend that he only looked good in the 6-1 away was because City were playing well. He was largely the reason we were playing well. His control and ownership of that game was breathtaking in itself. Even when Rooney and Fletcher tried to double-up on him, he still outclassed them.

Your right he is crucified in Spain. I mean he's only won 91 caps for one the most successful international side of the last decade because they feel sorry for him. That is no small achievement given the calibre of players at VDB's disposal. Look at his goals and assist record at Euro 2012. Better than anyone else in the Span team. Just like your opening point, you make a completely broad comment about his entire reputation in Spain with literally no substantiation, expect to say "one pundit said this". Yeah? Well my mate reckons that Tupac and Nortorious BIG are still alive, no made has ever been to the moon and the oxygen is actually secretly a poison that just takes decades to kill us....

You do not come on here and criticize Spanish Dave. Not on my watch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.