Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think mangala will make it at city. He's making an error a game and his confidence on the ball is shot, but he had the attributes to play alongside either vinny or Otamendi at the toP level.

Think he will be a late developer. Has all the physical attributes to succeed just lacking the experience and awareness

Doesn't have the ball skills. So not every attribute.

That said, sometimes Elia just needs to clear the ball.

The basic mistakes can be reduced.
Mangala's main weakness for me is the lack of threat he poses in opposition boxes at set pieces.

That said, sometimes Elia just needs to clear the ball.

The basic mistakes can be reduced.
Mangala's main weakness for me is the lack of threat he poses in opposition boxes at set pieces.
He hasn't scored yet. But being a threat in then opposing box is not s problem. He attacks ball aggressively.

I think he's playing well for 90% of most games, he just has odd rush of blood to the head when he's trying too hard to win the ball back too quickly instead of maintaining his positioning. That said, the lack of protection from midfield and having Kolarov at the side of him doesn't help him.

As he matures and I think he'll be a very good defender but whether he'll get the time or opportunity to prove that at City is another matter because we can't afford mistakes at this level, as ruthless as it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.