Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's got years to 'make it' at City

question is, how much patients do we have for the bigger picture? how much do the board/management have?

imagine if you were told now that Mangala would hardly play for the next 3 seasons but after that he'd be very decent, possibly for 5 or 6 seasons. You'd probably take that. As it is, going from week to week, it's hard to accept the what ifs and maybes (granted nothing is guaranteed) but i think he'll top drawer, it just looks like we'll need to be really patient :)

I think the only way Mangala will be here past the summer is if Guardiola comes in and plays Mangala in the Abidal left back role. The two players have very similar attributes.
He could indeed play LB. He's played it before (though not for us and has pace to burn).
He can also play LCH in a 2 or a 3 - though Pepe is keen to get hold of Athletic Bilbao centre back Aymeric Laporte by all accounts so I'm not sure Mangala will be any where near 1st choice in a 2. But certainly a posssibility in a 3.
He has a contract and may want to see what happens working with Pep.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-guardiolas-manchester-city-transfer-10683920

Of all our established first team players, Mangala might be the lad who benefits most from a change of head coach.
Could well be the case - at any rate, I think that in a side that actually plays a proper high line and defends well collectively, he'll be fine. But then I think he's largely doing ok at the moment, too - he's made a few clumsy mistakes, and certainly has flaws that need ironing out, but for me he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as many suggest.

Could well be the case - at any rate, I think that in a side that actually plays a proper high line and defends well collectively, he'll be fine. But then I think he's largely doing ok at the moment, too - he's made a few clumsy mistakes, and certainly has flaws that need ironing out, but for me he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as many suggest.

He's clearly terrified of making a boo-boo now, which must affect his game. If he could get in a good run and rebuild confidence...

I know a lot say he's shit but I haven't written him off yet either.

He's clearly terrified of making a boo-boo now, which must affect his game. If he could get in a good run and rebuild confidence...

I know a lot say he's shit but I haven't written him off yet either.
Yeah, I agree - he knows he's under the microscope. As you say, he needs to rebuild his confidence, somehow ...

Mangala as a general principle isn't the worst footballer I've ever seen. What he is, is clumsy. Very clumsy. I'm not sure that is something that could be coached out of him.

I think he reads the game well enough, has the pace to play in a high line, and of the few occasions he's been asked to man mark somebody and take them out of the game, he's done it very well.

But he has poor decision making and that along with the clumsiness is going to cause us an issue. I'm not sure he's going to make it if I being honest with myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.