Player Topic: Fernandinho (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His team mate - Marchisio is a very complete midfielder. Been known to play out wide when required too. Fernandinho is absolutely top notch for us, but the most complete player in that position in the world is a bit extreme, imo. While not quite as good at the defensive side (yet), Thiago is a fairly complete midfielder too.

I'm not so sure... I can't think of many who are as well rounded as Fernandinho in the midfield area... There aren't many who can read the game so well that they can support in defence and attack and rarely be caught out. Though people talk about Matic's impact, Fernandinho allows us to be reasonably defensively sound and score a bagful of goals. Pellegrini wants a tight defence but you have to score to win games and he tilts the scales in that favour and Fernandinho allows him to.

I'm hoping Delph can show a similar ability in our side. He won't be as good but he's got similar attributes and he'll be able to learn a lot alongside Fernandinho. It's the knowledge of when to run the ball, when to pass it forward quickly and the reading of the game that makes him so good.

Players like Verratti are excellent, but they don't have the attacking ability Fernandinho has.

I think he should play more advanced on European aways, leave Fernando as a defensive shield, leave Yaya dictating from deep and roaming forward to support as he does but play Dinho in front of them. His pressing game is fantastic and he has the engine to drop back into midfield to ensure that big gaping hole which has been our downfall on so many occasions in Europe is shored up.

It would mean sacrificing an attacking player but there's plenty of scope to change things during the game with that starting lineup imo.

I'm just trying to think of one to rival him and I'm struggling , Pogba maybe ?
Don't think Pogba has the same level of defensive ability. Maybe Vidal or even Kroos or Koke? Marchisio is a great shout, but imo Fernandinho might just be the most complete midfielder on the planet. Which would perhaps even make him the most complete of all players.

Last edited:
Expect him to be missing today as one booking off missing next week's derby
However does anyone know if he plays on Wednesday and gets booked would he also miss the Derby or are champs league games kept separate?

Expect him to be missing today as one booking off missing next week's derby
However does anyone know if he plays on Wednesday and gets booked would he also miss the Derby or are champs league games kept separate?
Seperate mate

Always play your best available eleven. Deal with what comes along after that.

In some circumstances I'd agree but with Silva and aguero already out losing fernandinho would be a disaster. No disrespect to Bournemouth but them at home should be perfectly winnable without him and he is going to be needed a lot more for next week than today

Has to play the Derby so I wouldn't be too miffed with not seeing him start today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.