Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took a quick look at our biggest PL games:
He started the Chelsea home game and was taken off at 65 mins when we were 1 nil up, we won 3-0.
He didn't start Utd away but came on for last 35 mins in the 0-0 draw.
He didn't start Arsenal away but came on for 17 minutes at the end when we pressed well in the 2-1 loss.
He didn't start the Spurs away game, came on at 56min when we were 2-1 down, we lost 4-1.
He started the Liverpool home game and was taken off at HT, when we were 3-1 down. We lost 4-1

I don't mind Navas, you know what you get, he works hard but he takes wrong decisions at crucial times, we mustn't start to think he is a world beater.

For where we want the club to be, (CL winners), I think he is a squad player at best.
No one is saying he's a world beater, I was the one who posted those stats earlier. My point was that we should play round pegs in round holes, Navas is a winger, KdB/Silva are not wingers. Statistically we have performed far better with Navas & Sterling out wide.

Navas is simply not a better player than Silva/KdB, yet I'd still drop one to play him because he plays the role of a winger far better; in fact he's not even a particularly great winger in the sense that he has such little end product, yet we still perform better with him in the team as he always gives us the option out wide & he provides far better defensive cover for Sagna, the same with Sterling compared to Silva on the left.

Can't stand watching us play Silva on the LW & KdB on the RW; people wonder why they don't link up more as we expected? Hard to do when you're on opposite sides of the pitch frankly. If we're going to play 4-2-3-1 then we should have a CAM at CAM & 2 wingers on the wing; not Yaya/Sterling at CAM and KdB/Silva out wide. It's not a formation that is set up well to have Yaya, Silva, Sterling, KdB & Aguero in it for me.

Aguero was better, even though he wasn't at his best. Clichy played well too.

Other than scoring Navas did nothing apart from fail to deliver crosses and concede posession, as did most others... sorry but that's the truth.

You mean except for the cross that for Fernandinho's header that he knocked into the ground and straight to the keeper. And the cross from which Aguero's shot was saved. He also rarely concedes possession.

You mean except for the cross that for Fernandinho's header that he knocked into the ground and straight to the keeper. And the cross from which Aguero's shot was saved. He also rarely concedes possession.

But apart from that and the goal and the penalty and the win rate when he plays plus his defensive duties what does he do?

Why the fuck do people keep stating that load of bollocks.Nobody thinks he`s world beater but some or most can see he`s more of a nuisance for opposition defenders,who hate a speed merchant.But the bloke works his knackers off,which is more than 8 others did last night.What you see is what you get with Navas,a very good professional,who works like fuck for the team and has the capacity and nous to help out at the back.You should try telling his useless fucking midfield partners to do the same and we`d be pissing this league and last nights game.

Interesting seeing the different views on Navas - sorts the men out from the boys.

Don't bother, he made his mind up a long time ago that Navas was shit and stopped actually watching what he did.

No one, no evidence to the contrary and no amount of good performances from Navas will change that.

Don't bother, he made his mind up a long time ago that Navas was shit and stopped actually watching what he did.

No one, no evidence to the contrary and no amount of good performances from Navas will change that.
You're wrong there, if he puts together a run of good performances and gives a few assists and grabs some goals I'll be really happy. If he finds intelligent passes and beats a few defenders and delivers some good crosses and stops running round like a kitten with a ball of wool I'd be happy to be shown to be wrong. The past eighteen months suggests this is unlikely to happen.

Ain't it great that we have such a good forum to share views and opinions.

For the record I thought David James was shite and never rated Richard Dunne... 80)

I never really rated James but when he did this it just confirmed in my mind how shite he was... I was absolutely gutted when we signed him....

Last edited:
He speeds up our play,drags a couple of defenders out to give others space in the middle
Is he world class no but has a place in the team that balances us out
He gets such a hard time on here because he doesn't score much but he offers a lot more
The problem with too many Blues k7,is that they firmly believe that we should have world class players in every position.I like to leave them on their fucking FIFA games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.