Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better sub then starter, I would not write Sterling off just yet!!

Sterling suffered today because Silva started the match out on the right wing. Second half when our manager consulted the Oracle or someone at HT and moved Silva into the middle it was no contest.

Navas had a great game second half and even managed a couple of quality crosses. Great work rate as always with him covering his fullback.

He changed the game today. His movement pulled the Newcastle defence all over the place and made space. Well done lad.

It did. He played very well. Although his final ball frequently leaves a lot to be desired, his movement creates more space for others and stretches defences more. I'd start him on the right with KDB on the left and Silva in the middle. I'm sure Sterling will come good but perhaps still needs time to adapt but for now I think Navas is a better option.

Navas is a great asset. A little coaching about his final ball and he can be a more consistent contributor.

But overall his high energy play is hugely beneficial to the team. Sterling would do well to watch and learn some things from Jesus.

Sterling suffered today because Silva started the match out on the right wing. Second half when our manager consulted the Oracle or someone at HT and moved Silva into the middle it was no contest.

Navas had a great game second half and even managed a couple of quality crosses. Great work rate as always with him covering his fullback.

Silva started on the right because we know he's good there, but de bruyne faded out of the games he started on the flank.

But that's pretty reductive anyway because you could see they were all swapping around. De bruyne played on the left and sterling in the middle quite a few times during the first half.

The Navas sub worked, not because silva went into the middle, but because Navas being genuinely wide gave whoever was in the middle a lot more space.

I'll take my hat off and say he has played very well in his last two games, even though his final ball is lacking. It allowed us to go to our "preferred" attacking mid of KDB..Silva..Navas. It certainly worked better than Silva..KDB..Sterling in the First Half, because Silva is wasted on the left side of the three.

It did. He played very well. Although his final ball frequently leaves a lot to be desired, his movement creates more space for others and stretches defences more. I'd start him on the right with KDB on the left and Silva in the middle. I'm sure Sterling will come good but perhaps still needs time to adapt but for now I think Navas is a better option.

Is how I see it too.

He's a hugely important asset to the side, not just for his work rate, but also his ability to play the position, he keeps the width all game, always makes himself available, and when things aren't going for him, he doesn't shirk responsibility, he still asks and demands the ball, and I admire that of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.