Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be hard, he didn't play in the first half.

Love him or hate him, we're a better side right now when he plays.

...clearly I meant compared to recent performances...

I think he's been getting a bit of a rum ride in here from many. Also the beautiful Mrs This! says he has lovely eyes and on that basis should start...

At last Navas get a bit of credit he deserves. Too easily made a scpaegoat on here. We all know his final ball should improve. Kolarov needs to defend better, Kompany needs to work on his long ball, Mangala needs to work on sometimes drifting away mentally, Hart is not as good diving to his left than right, Silva sometimes holds up the game when directness is needed, KDB is sometimes too direct when holding up is a better option, ...anyway, you get the point I'm making.
The problem is that is the most visual part of his job, everyone sees & remembers the final ball - it's a large part of being a winger. Other than Kolarov (who also gets plenty of grief) the rest of their weaknesses are not as noticeable game in game out.

Pretty hard to argue we're not a stronger side with him in it, so why is that? Obviously the way he plays the position is a huge asset to the team along with his work rate & pace. Got to feel his position is still up for grabs though, you would think there are wingers out there who can also do that side of the job but provide a stronger final product - I'd be interested to see Sterling out on the right & tasking him with playing that role but putting in a better final ball. But for now as we are Navas has certainly earned his praise & should be in our starting 11 ahead of Sterling - for me he's never going to be quite good enough at the top level we're aiming for but he's a fantastic squad player & if he's happy to have that role then he's perfect for us.

We should be putting the strongest team out every game.if navas makes the team stronger which he appears to do then he should play.

We should be putting the strongest team out every game.if navas makes the team stronger which he appears to do then he should play.
I reckon you need to rotate players a bit otherwise they lose their freshness, sometimes you have to take a risk against weaker sides that some of your best players can be rested. I think Navas will play plenty this season but certainly not every game, but the absolute difference between him Nasri and Sterling is not large, they just have different strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes one will be better suited against an opponent and sometimes another.

The problem is that is the most visual part of his job, everyone sees & remembers the final ball - it's a large part of being a winger. Other than Kolarov (who also gets plenty of grief) the rest of their weaknesses are not as noticeable game in game out.

Pretty hard to argue we're not a stronger side with him in it, so why is that? Obviously the way he plays the position is a huge asset to the team along with his work rate & pace. Got to feel his position is still up for grabs though, you would think there are wingers out there who can also do that side of the job but provide a stronger final product - I'd be interested to see Sterling out on the right & tasking him with playing that role but putting in a better final ball. But for now as we are Navas has certainly earned his praise & should be in our starting 11 ahead of Sterling - for me he's never going to be quite good enough at the top level we're aiming for but he's a fantastic squad player & if he's happy to have that role then he's perfect for us.

Montero could be an able replacement, navas will be gone at the end of the season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.