Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding KDB's passing rate: I'd quote Steven Gerrard in his book, 'I'd rather have an 80% passing rate but created chances for goals than having a 96% passing rate but not doing anything in the field'.

So you think Pellegrini is doing well in terms of organising the pressing when we are without ball ? If so I disagree.

What I am saying is that too many find it too easy to lump all the blame on one man and cannot wait to state their case irrespective of what thread it is. If you are in the camp that the players are blameless, then more fool you.

His stats show he does put the work in. He's such a simple ethical footballer. He's shy in the tackle, and always has been, but what he offers elsewhere on the pitch makes up for this.

My biggest issue ATM is him playing with Silva. In my eyes they are both number 10s and deliver more when in the correct position.

For example: A midfield of Kevin/Delph/Fernandinho/Navas and Sterling is far more effective and balanced and will bring even more from him.

You could swap Silva for him and Yaya/Fernando for the other 2 centrally as long as we keep the balance.

Manuel always talks about football being fluid and whilst I agree to an extent I do think we have some square pegs in round holes. Sometimes a formation has to be that and with players in their strongest position. We have an embarrassment of riches and we are trying to cater to all of them which is to the detriment of other players, like Delph, who are more than capable

His workrate was fantastic yesterday & he just needs a bit of coaching to make his pressing a bit more effective as it's too easy to get the ball past him.

But as a footballer, he is currently a shadow of the player we signed. Almost all of his spontaneity & forward thinking instinct has disappeared, along with his crossing ability & shooting. Several times yesterday, he knocked a pass back to the central defenders, when he had yards of space in front of him. When we first signed him, he was receiving the ball & spinning round in the blink off an eye, in much less space, & basically a yard ahead of every player on the pitch, including Silva, in thought & action. The goal Delph scored, was a typical early season DeBruyne moment. Seeing an option & going for it before anyone realised.

Early season, in the flesh, he was one of the best players I've ever seen. Reminded me of Ronaldinho, pure instinct, genius. Right now he is a ginger Samir Nasri, dithering & passing sideways, backwards, & not shooting first time.

hopefully this is still just fatigue from early season burnout & not due to instructions to 'keep the ball'.

Played well but not a fan of him being out wide. Needs must to win some trophies this season but hopefully pep has him plying more centrally next season

His stats show he does put the work in. He's such a simple ethical footballer. He's shy in the tackle, and always has been, but what he offers elsewhere on the pitch makes up for this.

My biggest issue ATM is him playing with Silva. In my eyes they are both number 10s and deliver more when in the correct position.

For example: A midfield of Kevin/Delph/Fernandinho/Navas and Sterling is far more effective and balanced and will bring even more from him.

You could swap Silva for him and Yaya/Fernando for the other 2 centrally as long as we keep the balance.

Manuel always talks about football being fluid and whilst I agree to an extent I do think we have some square pegs in round holes. Sometimes a formation has to be that and with players in their strongest position. We have an embarrassment of riches and we are trying to cater to all of them which is to the detriment of other players, like Delph, who are more than capable
Good post.
Get the balance right was a great track by Depeche Mode.Manuel has to juggle according to the summer byes,the winter injuries,and his own long funeral procession towards his own summer bye.
Well played Manuel ,Well played.

With his season to date, had it been with the rags, liverpool, arse, chelsea or even real or barca, the world would be fucking raving about this lad.

He is the real deal.

Should be alright when he gets settled-in then? :-)

Compared to a lot of midfield players coming in to the PL, eg Ozil, he's done more than fine. At Wolfsburg everything was built around him, here he has to find his place in the scheme of things.

When Silva first came to the premier league he was also shy in the tackle. Look at him now getting stuck in, think it will also come for Kevin as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.