Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue in the back 4 is injury to Kompany and Zabaleta. I think the defence is the strongest area of City's team.

I like Mangala and Otamendi. They are the ones that you see just before the goal hits the back of our net, therefore the focus falls on them but the reality is that defending starts with attacking. The rest of the team isn't as good as it was. This is an extension of the Yaya Toure argument. There is only one key player whose game has dropped, and because the manager wont take him out of the firing line, the whole team is coming under pressure.

hart, Kolarov, Otamendi, Silva, Fernandiho, Sterling, KDB, Aguero, Navas, are all at their peak. Kompany, Clichy and Zab will get back their too in various timescales. This is a problem entirely of the coaches making

Still learning the pace of the game and will take more time to become are more reliable less error prone defender.

Nutmegged too often for my liking but he will get better at handling that with time.

Needs to assert himself more when we take corners as he can be an asset and good for 6 or seven goals a season some of which will win us more points using his obvious decent heading ability.

The only issue in the back 4 is injury to Kompany and Zabaleta. I think the defence is the strongest area of City's team.

I like Mangala and Otamendi. They are the ones that you see just before the goal hits the back of our net, therefore the focus falls on them but the reality is that defending starts with attacking. The rest of the team isn't as good as it was. This is an extension of the Yaya Toure argument. There is only one key player whose game has dropped, and because the manager wont take him out of the firing line, the whole team is coming under pressure.

hart, Kolarov, Otamendi, Silva, Fernandiho, Sterling, KDB, Aguero, Navas, are all at their peak. Kompany, Clichy and Zab will get back their too in various timescales. This is a problem entirely of the coaches making

Would like to think Sterling and KDB can improve greatly not only individually but collectively as part of the team both defensively and when we have the ball.

Hart is no where near his peak for if he is I think we need a better keeper to come in and have Joe as his under study.

Hart has many aspects to his game that need improving and he is young enough to ensure he can as long as things outside football don't turn his head.

Same for Otamendi.

Fernandinho would be better for the side as an attacking midfielder behind the striker or two strikers if we employ them as he will score a number of goals that will win us points.

Its not all of MP's making , MP is only part of the problem but he will play no part in the solution.

As for VK , Zab , Clichy Kolorov , Silva and Kun we has seen the best of them at this club already but Kun and Silva still have a role to play under the next manager provided they are willing to adapt to the changing role that will be required of them.

Quite frankly of all those you mention above Hart excluded for obvious reasons only Navas and Ferny strike me as players who can cope with what will be required of them with relative ease.

Can't believe he got MOTM. Second half, wasn't really paying much attention to him but i still counted at least 4 times where Lukaku span him without even trying only for Sagna to rescue him.

Purely because Sagna was immense with his covering of our centre back who repeatedly went touch tight and let him spin him like he wasn't even there.

Over the course of the game, Otamendi played excellently. He won more battles than he lost, and he covered well when Demechelis' lack of pace was exploited. (That is not a dig at Demechelis.) Sagna was great too.

Yikes. Silva hasnt, neither has Aguero to be honest. KDB and Sterling are new so there is gonna be some teething problems. Dihno and Navas have been their normal self. But they are not our game winners.

Thought he was f-in brilliant last night. Closing down, blocking. covering, tackling.
Had to be as a result of some of the ropey midfield defending in front if him. My MOTM.
Going to be a super star for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.