Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think Otamendi was bad yesterday. Far from it, time and time again he won the ball back, could have been stronger for their goal, but it was a great ball in, and a cracking finish.

I didn't think Otamendi was bad yesterday. Far from it, time and time again he won the ball back, could have been stronger for their goal, but it was a great ball in, and a cracking finish.

It wasn't a question of not being strong enough, he just decided he'd rather try and win a free kick. He could easily have got there but made a stupid decision. Considering the way he defends the rest of the time, I was in shock.

He won a free kick in the second half where he went to tackle Mandzukic(?) and just bounced off him. It wasn't a foul and the ref should have let Juve continue. He got lucky and should have been stronger in that instance.

On the whole though, he's miles better than Demichelis at this stage of his career, I couldn't see him panicking and scoring an OG like Mangala against Liverpool and his decision making will get back to top level once he's settled so I think he should still be first choice along with Vinny.

I'm not saying it's a system that cannot work, I'm saying it's a system that doesn't give you anywhere near as good a chance to work as a less high risk system. It's setting up our defenders to fail. I don't believe that organiser stuff either, as we were wank with him last season, while Mangala and Demichelis managed to put in some good performances together.

I think it's a system that works if it works, but if the opposition outmaneuver it then it has no response. It's breaks down into complete anarchy if the opposition start to get the better of it. Put it this way, if I was an opposition manager I would absolutely love to come up against our defensive system.

Reminds me a lot of Spurs defence when Villa Boas was manager. They played a very high line and were also on the end of some batterngs. I recall the scousers twatting them much the same way

Reminds me a lot of Spurs defence when Villa Boas was manager. They played a very high line and were also on the end of some batterngs. I recall the scousers twatting them much the same way

You must be mistaken. It was the geniuses gegenpressing that destroyed us. It couldn't possibly be that our defence played like the cast of Derek.

he seems like a good defender and possibly our best centre half with a bit of time, but at the moment he is rash and commits way too easily. seems to be most games he sells hiimself cheaply. been playing pretty well though

Could Denayer have done any worse than Demichelis, Mangala and Otamendi in the last two games? I very much doubt it, we seem to have spent north of £60m on two CBs who need Kompany to tell them what to do.

Exactly my point, i don't see why we didn't move MDM on at the start of the season.

he seems like a good defender and possibly our best centre half with a bit of time, but at the moment he is rash and commits way too easily. seems to be most games he sells hiimself cheaply. been playing pretty well though

Usually better when Kompany alongside him which let's face it they all are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.