Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ffs gents. Yes it's me. Eric. Not like I'm hiding or try to be undercover. You could've simply ask. In a decent way obviously. As for Sterling and putting him on the right. He needs to prove he's a better option than Navas. So far he hasn't. But he has time on his hands. As for the stats. Easy one playing loads of passes sideways or backwards. To me he's low on confidence and in awe by so many great players around him. His price tag (one g??) might influence him but l think it's more the way his transfer went about mainly caused by disgusting behavior by Liverpool and their fans. Sterling will come good and has plenty of time on his hands. Stop pushing him or try him in different positions that can only harm his confidence even further. The talent is undoubtly there. Now enjoy your Sunday.

Nah, we'd rather just talk about you behind your back

You do know who Exeter Blue is?

Hey Guys! First post but long time watcher of the forum. Keeps me going during work. I was over in Germany for the game on Wednesday with a few mates and come up with a Sterling song to the tune of 'Miss American Pie' Just joined to get it out there..

My my Raheem Sterling was right
Ditched the scoucers for the City cos he knew they were shite
Winning titles, getting off his kite
Singing City til the day that I die

This could have legs

needs to be bolder like De Bruyne and Sanchez, it will take time, but I'd rather him lose the ball trying something than playing so far within himself our attack comes to a halt.

Feels like he's come in and is a bit "no, no, after you", whereas De Bruyne's come in with "well, come on then fellas, keep up".

needs to be bolder like De Bruyne and Sanchez, it will take time, but I'd rather him lose the ball trying something than playing so far within himself our attack comes to a halt.

Feels like he's come in and is a bit "no, no, after you", whereas De Bruyne's come in with "well, come on then fellas, keep up".
I think you're spot on. I knew I'd find him frustrating, so no great surprises, yesterday I thought he started quite brightly, and tried things, but he lost confidence as nothing worked. He could have done without a break from City this week, as we could have worked on his good points, and pointed out where he's not doing it, but perhaps the break will do him good and give him a rest from the pressure.

He shouldn't start against Bournemouth for me, but we should still use him in the game, yesterdays second half will give him plenty of food for thought before that game, he plays on instinct, and isn't perhaps the best thinking footballer, he needs to work on that, as his raw ability is obvious to see.

I think you're spot on. I knew I'd find him frustrating, so no great surprises, yesterday I thought he started quite brightly, and tried things, but he lost confidence as nothing worked. He could have done without a break from City this week, as we could have worked on his good points, and pointed out where he's not doing it, but perhaps the break will do him good and give him a rest from the pressure.

He shouldn't start against Bournemouth for me, but we should still use him in the game, yesterdays second half will give him plenty of food for thought before that game, he plays on instinct, and isn't perhaps the best thinking footballer, he needs to work on that, as his raw ability is obvious to see.

yeah, on the flip side maybe a goal or two against the mighty Estonia and Lithuania could give him a confidence boost. Maybe when it comes round to Bournemouth Pelle will want to try the 2nd half formation with De Bruyne on the left, and maybe Sterling might find more joy starting on the right? Who knows, certainly worked on Saturday, albeit with Navas.

My main concern with Sterling is he's easily bullied off the ball, now at Liverpool you get away with going down softly, here you don't. Needs to be stronger all round really, he'll never fulfill his potential with the ball if he's not able to hold off a RB from leaning on him and forcing him to stumble and lose the ball. From a dead start he's not got the strength to beat his man, he's been better starting 2/3 yards ahead of his man, but then he insists on stopping and waiting for AK. Now I know players get instructions, but sometimes you have to take the initiative and go "I've seen something, sod it, I'm going to try this". Just needs to be bolder and stronger, I think with time he'll be excellent, but he's going to be a slow burner in these early stages.

There is no problem with Sterling , none at all, City are top of the league and Rodgers has just been sacked ,that quality was subtracted from Liverpool and given to City and its shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.