Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. I've just read that Sterling was responsible for Zabaletas injury.
I'm sure the nice folk of Bluemoon wont give him a hard time about it... :-)

Oh dear. I've just read that Sterling was responsible for Zabaletas injury.
I'm sure the nice folk of Bluemoon wont give him a hard time about it... :-)

Ha, thought that myself when I saw it in the MEN.

He was poor against Newcastle, and deserved to be subbed. Navas should retain his place for the next game too on merit. Sterling's going to be a vital player for us though, just takes time to adapt to a new side. Hopefully a goal or two will lift his confidence.

Ha, thought that myself when I saw it in the MEN.

He was poor against Newcastle, and deserved to be subbed. Navas should retain his place for the next game too on merit. Sterling's going to be a vital player for us though, just takes time to adapt to a new side. Hopefully a goal or two will lift his confidence.
I agree Navas should retain his place for Bournmouth. I've a feeling he'll persevere with Sterling though.
I think he needs that one game where it clicks for him and Suddenly the confidence will flow. At the moment he's being outshone by pretty much all the front six, including Navas. That one important goal where he gets the plaudits and he'll kick on from there.

I think people are missing the fact that Newcastle were a completely different side in the second half compared to the first. And I'm not convinced it was the substitution of Sterling for Navas that made the difference - I just think Newcastle ran out of steam. In the first half, Newcastle closed down quickly, and it wasn't just Sterling who didn't shine; I personally thought both Silva and KdB were far less effective in the first half than they were in the second. In the second half, it looked like Newcastle couldn't be bothered or had no energy left to continue their pressing game, so suddenly all the midfield players had more space and time. So Navas was hardly closed down at all, while Sterling almost always had two defenders on him as soon as he received the ball, giving the effect that Sterling was poor and Navas was not.

I think people are missing the fact that Newcastle were a completely different side in the second half compared to the first. And I'm not convinced it was the substitution of Sterling for Navas that made the difference - I just think Newcastle ran out of steam. In the first half, Newcastle closed down quickly, and it wasn't just Sterling who didn't shine; I personally thought both Silva and KdB were far less effective in the first half than they were in the second. In the second half, it looked like Newcastle couldn't be bothered or had no energy left to continue their pressing game, so suddenly all the midfield players had more space and time. So Navas was hardly closed down at all, while Sterling almost always had two defenders on him as soon as he received the ball, giving the effect that Sterling was poor and Navas was not.
Haha, that Usain Bolt is shit as well, it's not that he is fast, it's just that all the other competitors are really slow, they don't even try.

LOL.

I'll start with a negative and say I thought the lad was bang average tonight against poor opposition.

BUT. What he done for his goal. A sprint eight into the six yard box. Why the hell doesn't he do that more often? 2 or 3 times Lallana would get near the byline and play a low cross in. Sterling stayed back on the edge of the box time after time and I can see his logic regarding any second balls but I'd much rather see him get right in the mixer and try and get in front of opponents.

He makes good off the ball runs when the ball is behind him, but I'd like to see him improve when we've got players wide or at the byeline on the ball who are clearly about to put one into the box. He needs to get in there and start giving the opposition defenders something to think about.

He done it a grand total of once tonight and it led to a decent goal. I hope that gives him the kick up the arse he needs and he begins to see what happens when he takes that gamble.

I'll start with a negative and say I thought the lad was bang average tonight against poor opposition.

BUT. What he done for his goal. A sprint eight into the six yard box. Why the hell doesn't he do that more often? 2 or 3 times Lallana would get near the byline and play a low cross in. Sterling stayed back on the edge of the box time after time and I can see his logic regarding any second balls but I'd much rather see him get right in the mixer and try and get in front of opponents.

He makes good off the ball runs when the ball is behind him, but I'd like to see him improve when we've got players wide or at the byeline on the ball who are clearly about to put one into the box. He needs to get in there and start giving the opposition defenders something to think about.

He done it a grand total of once tonight and it led to a decent goal. I hope that gives him the kick up the arse he needs and he begins to see what happens when he takes that gamble.

I think you are being extremely harsh. He wasn't brilliant but he never gave up, beat his man often, made some great runs and was never given the ball, was involved in the first goal and took his goal very well. I just wish people would stop expecting him to be Arjen Robben in his prime at the age of 20 years old. He has a lot to learn and a long career ahead of him but for me I see nothing but encouraging signs while some impatient fuckers can't wait to jump on his back.

I think you are being extremely harsh. He wasn't brilliant but he never gave up, beat his man often, made some great runs and was never given the ball, was involved in the first goal and took his goal very well. I just wish people would stop expecting him to be Arjen Robben in his prime at the age of 20 years old. He has a lot to learn and a long career ahead of him but for me I see nothing but encouraging signs while some impatient fuckers can't wait to jump on his back.

So you think I'm being harsh but you agree with me that he wasn't brilliant. Hmmmm. I also must have blinked the time he beat his man because I never seen it.

Yep. He played a pass during the move for the first goal and he took his goal well like I'd expect him to. All I'm saying is I'd wish he'd make the run he made for his goal much more often rather than hesitate and hang back. Is that harsh? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.