Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Kelechi is better. He's played 127 minutes of PL football in his whole life.
Martial? Really? He hasn't scored a goal in the PL since September and has been absolutely terrible in the CL. In the last four CL games he has attempted 36 take ons. He has completed only 5 of them. That my friend, is truly awful and frustrating. He has great potential as well but I wouldn't say he's better than Sterling.
I havn't watched Meyer a lot this season, but he's an astonishing talent and may be better than Sterling.

You asked who we think is better, not who has more experience. I've got higher hopes that in 5, 6, 7 years time that Kelechi will make it at the top of the game than I do from Sterling. In his limited first team opportunities and pre season, I see more talent in Kelechi than I do in Sterling.

Martial is the perfect example of what I'd expect an inconsistent young lad with bags of talent to be performing like. Other than him being a rag ****, there's much less to be critical about regarding his performances this season.

A couple of weeks ago in Paris, he absolutely tore apart the world champions' defence to set up Giroud's opening goal. It has obviously and rightly been overshadowed by other events which happened that night but on the pitch he looked superb. I hate to say it, and I seen bugger all of him at Monaco so I firmly hoped he'd be a flop...but he's got some ability. No doubt I'll get lambasted as a rag for daring to suggest that their new golden boy might be better than our new golden boy but that's my opinion and also the opinion of every neutral whom I've had this conversation with.

You asked who we think is better, not who has more experience. I've got higher hopes that in 5, 6, 7 years time that Kelechi will make it at the top of the game than I do from Sterling. In his limited first team opportunities and pre season, I see more talent in Kelechi than I do in Sterling.

Martial is the perfect example of what I'd expect an inconsistent young lad with bags of talent to be performing like. Other than him being a rag ****, there's much less to be critical about regarding his performances this season.

A couple of weeks ago in Paris, he absolutely tore apart the world champions' defence to set up Giroud's opening goal. It has obviously and rightly been overshadowed by other events which happened that night but on the pitch he looked superb. I hate to say it, and I seen bugger all of him at Monaco so I firmly hoped he'd be a flop...but he's got some ability. No doubt I'll get lambasted as a rag for daring to suggest that their new golden boy might be better than our new golden boy but that's my opinion and also the opinion of every neutral whom I've had this conversation with.
Yeah I'd love to have Martial in our team and together with Sterling he is one of the best young talents in the world. But as you say, he's inconsistent and as is Sterling. Sterling tore Sevilla apart 4 days before they beat Real Madrid. Both can be great sometimes, but in the next match just frustrating. That's how it is for a young player. In 4 years I'm confident that Sterling will be considered as one of the best in the world.

Thing is though, their new golden boy is playing for a dull, boring defensively minded pile of horse dung, whereas our new golden boy is playing in a team that revels in going forward, with quality in abundance to learn from. (Yes I was at the game on Saturday, and watched last night. We will come good again!) ;)

I know you don't like Sterling but some of your posts regarding him are borderline ridiculous.

Ive noticed in this thread that some people are saying he needs a run in the team, his confidence is down, he needs to get back to form.

Well from looking at your opinions of him, he has no final ball, he cant shoot, he cant finish (tap ins, headers, one on ones), he cant beat a man down the line (what we would say at liverpool he runs into cul de sacs that lead nowhere, and heads back again), weak left foot, cant cross.

How is that any different from his time with us at Liverpool? Im afraid the player youve got is the player you bought. He never had those things when he was with us. Seems to me like the same player.

He had lots he needed to work on. A lot. Which is why it was all about potential.

Ive noticed in this thread that some people are saying he needs a run in the team, his confidence is down, he needs to get back to form.

Well from looking at your opinions of him, he has no final ball, he cant shoot, he cant finish (tap ins, headers, one on ones), he cant beat a man down the line (what we would say at liverpool he runs into cul de sacs that lead nowhere, and heads back again), weak left foot, cant cross.

How is that any different from his time with us at Liverpool? Im afraid the player youve got is the player you bought. He never had those things when he was with us. Seems to me like the same player.

He had lots he needed to work on. A lot. Which is why it was all about potential.
For a bloke that can't shoot with no final ball he certainly has goal scoring and chance creation numbers as good as anyone his age.

He's got work to do as every 20 year old footballer does, but lets not fall for the dipper propaganda.

I know you're quoting others opinions so not directed at you btw.

Yeah I'd love to have Martial in our team and together with Sterling he is one of the best young talents in the world. But as you say, he's inconsistent and as is Sterling. Sterling tore Sevilla apart 4 days before they beat Real Madrid. Both can be great sometimes, but in the next match just frustrating. That's how it is for a young player. In 4 years I'm confident that Sterling will be considered as one of the best in the world.

I wish I shared your confidence on Sterling mate. Bookmark if you wish but I see him turning out more like an Aaron Lennon or Wilifried Zaha than I do an Arjen Robben or a Neymar, which is surely the level we should be looking at. Edit to add - Adam Johnson is another whom there was once high hopes for. He had those who defended him but in the end he's found his level.

Thing is though, their new golden boy is playing for a dull, boring defensively minded pile of horse dung, whereas our new golden boy is playing in a team that revels in going forward, with quality in abundance to learn from. (Yes I was at the game on Saturday, and watched last night. We will come good again!) ;)

That makes it all the more worrying for me, if anything. Think what Martial could achieve in a free flowing attacking side like us. He's doing what he's doing as part of a lifeless, boring, defensive minded side.

I know you don't like Sterling but some of your posts regarding him are borderline ridiculous.

Each to their own mate. Should he prove me wrong I'll be happier than anyone, I won't go hiding. In 4 or 5 years time I doubt he'll be a City player.

Last edited:
He was a fast player , I have the sense he lost some speed. At England vs France , Sterling was 20 yards infront of Kingsley Coman, but the latter outspeed him so easily. At liverpool I thought he was a rocket

Here is the video, anyone agree that he lost speed?

For a bloke that can't shoot with no final ball he certainly has goal scoring and chance creation numbers as good as anyone his age.

He's got work to do as every 20 year old footballer does, but lets not fall for the dipper propaganda.

I know you're quoting others opinions so not directed at you btw.

Sure, but the thing is, they are the same things we were saying about him at liverpool in terms of his weaknesses. Presumably the strengths you see is that he has good balance, he looks good on the ball, i.e it sticks to his feet. If so, its the same as what we said about him during his time with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.