Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his football brain is a strength, we've seen him play all over the pitch and adapt to different positions and styles of play. I think execution is where he will improve in time. FWIW I don't think he will end up a winger in the mould of the ones you've mentioned, I think he'll spend plenty of time moving between wide and central positions.
and once Silva is back to full fitness Sterling will get more time and space , he still has a lot to learn but has got the talent ,

Getting Silva back will be huge, Silva will open far more space over the pitch.

Sterling will be a huge success, but he needs time, he's out performed Hazard, Pedro, Depay to name a few this season, and he's only 20.

Great performance today. He was heavily involved in all the good things that happened today. Well played Sterling!

Much better. Showed decisiveness for the goal, but only the once. Had a few other similar situations and instead of attacking the space he stopped.

Thought he had a mare, which is funny considering how much I've stuck up for him and how everyone else seems to think he played well! I missed the first 15 minutes as I was sat in different seats and one of the turnstiles was knackered so maybe he did well then? But there was a patch when I first got in and he seemed very poor. Obviously I'm still a big fan of him and think he will be brilliant for us but when I watched him I thought he looked short of confidence and for that reason I'd probably start him against hull (where he might get some joy against weaker defenders) and rest him away to Stoke where we may get a tougher game. I know that whether playing at home against a hull side doing well rather than playing away to a Stoke side not doing as well is debatable, but whatever people think about that I just thought he looked like he might need taking out of the firing line a bit today. Need to manage him right because regardless of some shit house fans expecting the finished article because of his price tag he's still a kid

I think I watched a different game today. I personally don't think he had a good game today - he was OK, but I certainly expect more from someone who cost £49m. Room for improvement, and I'm hoping over the course of the next 3 or 4 seasons we'll reap those benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.