Player Topic: Samir Nasri (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most frutrating player I've ever come across - moreso than Navas.

Not once has he produced an exceptional display where he was unplayable in a blue shirt. We've seen Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Kun at their best when they are just unstoppable. But Nasri has never had those sorts of performances. I'm not saying he hasn't had very good displays; he has, but nothing near the level of the other said players who have carried us, at times, on their own.

We saw Nasri do this at Arsenal; against the likes of Porto and Fulham but hasn't replicated it here and it's so frustrating because we know he can. Stuff such as him ducking in the wall and him talking up a move to the MLS really leads me to believe that he hasn't got the passion or the willpower to succeed as the likes of Kun, Silva, Hart, Kompany and Yaya do. He has the technical ability but his mentality is all wrong and unfortunately we haven't/won't see the best of him.

Nasri has often been excellent and his goals were often crucial. Selective memory me thinks.

Nasri was an integral part to our title winning seasons, him and Silva to me were the creative conduits that made it tick.

His game has certainly been subdued since preseason, but is it just me or has he gained mass? Not surprising if from an injury but he seems to look bulkier than in previous seasons.

Class player but he has to be more consistent, and perhaps Pell needs to play him more when he's fit

Scored some important goals himself like the first goal v West Ham in the last game of 2013-2014, the goal v Roma to send the club to the KO round...

Nasri has often been excellent and his goals were often crucial. Selective memory me thinks.

Excellent? I think not.

He's had some good displays and scored some crucial goals but has he produced one single display where he was unplayable?

I am not very good at remembering performances in individual matches, but my memory of him in the last title winning season was that he was just about our most impressive player for much of the season until he was injured against Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.