Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can analyse stats till the cows come home but the harsh reality is Vincent's injuries have held him back from realising his full potential .
If you compare him to say camel gob or John Terry , he is at that level of player but his physical ability gave him the chance to get to the level above them. His chronic soft tissue injuries stop him doing that.

He scored a massive own goal for me last month with his International shenanigans and showed a total lack of respect to manager , club, owner and us at a time when he surely must have been very concerned about his recurring calf problem.

I , for one , am beginning to wonder that we may need to prepare for life in the long term, without our captain.

You can analyse stats till the cows come home but the harsh reality is Vincent's injuries have held him back from realising his full potential .
If you compare him to say camel gob or John Terry , he is at that level of player but his physical ability gave him the chance to get to the level above them. His chronic soft tissue injuries stop him doing that.

He scored a massive own goal for me last month with his International shenanigans and showed a total lack of respect to manager , club, owner and us at a time when he surely must have been very concerned about his recurring calf problem.

I , for one , am beginning to wonder that we may need to prepare for life in the long term, without our captain.

You raise valid points. Best team player we have when fit, but as you say, the fitness / injury ratios appear to be shifting and, not for the better

Has Otamendi have one good game without Kompany? He's either fantastic or terrible.

I don't watch Streams. Every City game is live on some channel. And yes, watching a game 2-3 times on TV which I often get to do gives a way better picture than sitting in O e corner of the stadium. I'm sorry, Stadium viewing is better for atmosphere NOT determining what happened or who did best.

By the way, The stats simply back up the obvious. I didn't need it to know who was better. I see how many times Otamendi breaks up dangerous attacks, and I see how many times Komp does. I see who is more comfortable on the ball, I see who starts attacks more often. Frankly the stats actually paints a better Komps picture than my memory had. But I'm not surprised he averaged 1 tackle a game. Granted some of that is a function of having no defensive work to do in our first 4-5 games of the season when we were buzzing. But that aside, Ota is simply playing better. Mistakes and all.

Absolute bollacks. I'm sorry but that has got to be one of the worst statements i've read on here.
Tell me. How much of the play/pitch do you you see on your TV and how much can you see in the stadium ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.