Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when he wasn't injured he slapped the ball into the back of the net every 95.5 minutes which is still a far better return than Bony has and will achieve.

Anyway I would like to thank you for bringing some stats to the table instead of making up excuses as others seem to on here. So based on your stats we have the following combined figures

Jovetic
Mins: 1746
Apps: 44
Goals: 11
Mins per Goal: 158.73

Bony
Mins: 641
Apps: 19
Goals: 2
Mins per Goal: 320.5

So more stats are pointing towards the same conclusion for Bony 1 goal every 8.5 games or if you want to use the excuse of minutes played 1 goal every 3.5 games.

#prolific
You are being very selective with your statistics, you are showing Jovetic's record from 2 clubs, but only Bony's from City. If you look at the stats of both players over the last 3 seasons they have nearly identical goals to minutes figures. 149 to Jovetic and 148 to Bony. The reason we moved on Jovetic was his very poor injury record.
Over the past three seasons Bony has a slightly better goal per minute ratio but has scored nearly 3 times as many goals because he has not had such a poor injury record.

Jovetic
15/16 - 341 min, 3 goals
14/15 - 1,173 min, 5 goals
13/14 - 573 min, 6 goals
Total - 2,087 min, 14 goals = 149 minutes per goal

Bony
15/16 - 305 min, 0 goals
14/15 - 1,652 min, 11 goals
13/14 - 3,542 min, 26 goals
Total - 5,499min, 37 goals = 148 minutes per goal

Last edited:
You are being very selective with your statistics, you are showing Jovetic's record from 2 clubs, but only Bony's from City. If you look at the stats of both players over the last 3 seasons they have nearly identical goals to minutes figures. 149 to Jovetic and 148 to Bony. The reason we moved on Jovetic was his very poor injury record.
Over the past three seasons Bony has a slightly better goal per minute ratio but has scored over 3 times as many goals because he has not had such a poor injury record.

Jovetic
15/16 - 341 min, 3 goals
14/15 - 1,173 min, 5 goals
13/14 - 573 min, 6 goals
Total - 2,087 min, 14 goals = 149 minutes per goal

Bony
15/16 - 305 min, 0 goals
14/15 - 1,652 min, 11 goals
13/14 - 3,542 min, 26 goals
Total - 5,499min, 37 goals = 148 minutes per goal

I'm afraid your wasting your time on him. He has made his mind up that Bony is wank and always will be. I wonder who he really supports because it sure ain't City. The man is deluded.

But when he wasn't injured he slapped the ball into the back of the net every 95.5 minutes which is still a far better return than Bony has and will achieve.

Anyway I would like to thank you for bringing some stats to the table instead of making up excuses as others seem to on here. So based on your stats we have the following combined figures

Jovetic
Mins: 1746
Apps: 44
Goals: 11
Mins per Goal: 158.73

Bony
Mins: 641
Apps: 19
Goals: 2
Mins per Goal: 320.5

So more stats are pointing towards the same conclusion for Bony 1 goal every 8.5 games or if you want to use the excuse of minutes played 1 goal every 3.5 games.

#prolific

Listen fuckwit, nobody's disputing the fact that Bony needs to get his arse in gear and start scoring.

What we're disputing is you comparing Bony to others in terms of goals per game when he hasn't been on the pitch for the majority of them games.

That would be akin to me saying he has 2 goals in 4 starts in the PL for City, great stats but doesn't take into account the full picture.

Listen fuckwit, nobody's disputing the fact that Bony needs to get his arse in gear and start scoring.

What we're disputing is you comparing Bony to others in terms of goals per game when he hasn't been on the pitch for the majority of them games.

That would be akin to me saying he has 2 goals in 4 starts in the PL for City, great stats but doesn't take into account the full picture.

Indeed, we're not debating how shit or not shit Bony is, we're trying to point out that the amount of minutes played is far more relevant than appearances. As someone pointed out earlier, someone could have 100 appearances for a club but each appearance could be 1 minute at the end of each game. On paper those 100 appearances look the same as someone who made 100 appearances but actually played 90 minutes every game. Surely 9000 minutes is better than 100???

Anyway, I think this is going lightly off topic. My personal opinion of Bony is that his touch and hold up play is excellent when you compare him to Dzeko. His effort is also very good, but he seriously lacks pace and his finishing needs to get better. I am certainly a fan, he just needs to improve (which he won't really do until he gets a good run in the team, which he won't get as long as Aguero is here and fit).

Once again morons slag off one of our own despite the player suffering injury and few starts. When will this change?

Why is this idiot comparing Bony to Jovetic? Don't get it. Totally different players with a totally different role in the team. He must be a wum. No one can be this stupid?

I'm sure Jovetic would be ideal coming on to hold a lead. Bony thus far has a totally different role.

Bony replaced Dzeko you idiot, what were his stats last season?
De Bruyne has replaced Jovetic. Care to compare their stats???

I think Bony is a proven striker, just not proven for us yet! It's as though he's trying too hard when he gets on the pitch. Not had much luck with injuries and i doubt we'll start playing 4-4-2 just to accommodate him. Not easy being second striker to the best striker in the world, but he needs a goal or two for confidence.

I'm sure he's got goals in him, and I think he'll come good for us...

I think Bony is a proven striker, just not proven for us yet! It's as though he's trying too hard when he gets on the pitch. Not had much luck with injuries and i doubt we'll start playing 4-4-2 just to accommodate him. Not easy being second striker to the best striker in the world, but he needs a goal or two for confidence.

I'm sure he's got goals in him, and I think he'll come good for us...
Of course he's got goals in him as he proved in Holland and,more aptly,at Swansea,where he tore us a new arsehole when fit and playing regularly.He's a fantastic striker but he will suffer as a result of the quality and system around him.

Any striker who can't score in this city team on a regular basis really shouldn't be here. to say he has been disappointing is an understatement. He slows the play down so much if he does happen to get the ball. The one shining light if you will, His ability to trap a ball coming out of the clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.