Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he's got goals in him as he proved in Holland and,more aptly,at Swansea,where he tore us a new arsehole when fit and playing regularly.He's a fantastic striker but he will suffer as a result of the quality and system around him.

This.

One of the top scorers in the prem at Swansea. A quality striker and I will stand by him. I agree in a blue shirt he hasn't delivered but he's still taking baby steps here and playing in one of the best squads in the world. He's also developed injury issues that he never had at Swansea.

At some point Kun will be injured and he will get his chance.

He's a great player but it's convenient to be critical of him when there are other PL proven forwards from mid table clubs that have hit better form and showing more conviction.

Prior to the Newcastle game I was certain that Bony needs to be shipped off but last Saturday showed glimpses of what he can do. I feel he needs to be greedy with his chances. Jovetic in his first few games were shooting from distances and running through defenders. Dzeko also had a solid start but eventually revert to the holding type player. bony ever since his first game has been playing a holding type role. He needs to play like how he did in Swansea, a bullying forward.

But he has put the ball in the net. If minutes played doesn't matter than number of times the ball goes in the net doesn't matter either. You can't pick & choose which stats matter - you either accept them all to give a fair representation or you accept none of them.

You're logic is poor & I assume you probably know that & are just wumming but still, 1/10 effort I say.
Balls in the back of the net matter not who scores, honestly he can start 20 games for us, he can score none and if we win 20 games I will not be unhappy. If he can hold up and set up the rampaging trio behind him then all good.

But when he wasn't injured he slapped the ball into the back of the net every 95.5 minutes which is still a far better return than Bony has and will achieve.

Anyway I would like to thank you for bringing some stats to the table instead of making up excuses as others seem to on here. So based on your stats we have the following combined figures

Jovetic
Mins: 1746
Apps: 44
Goals: 11
Mins per Goal: 158.73

Bony
Mins: 641
Apps: 19
Goals: 2
Mins per Goal: 320.5

So more stats are pointing towards the same conclusion for Bony 1 goal every 8.5 games or if you want to use the excuse of minutes played 1 goal every 3.5 games.

#prolific
The only stats that matters for me is the wins from those games and did he contribute to a winning team

But Bonys 305 is the worst out of all those stats and Jovetic 95.5 is the best.

All you have done is proved what I have been saying all along for 303 minutes this season Bony has and will continue to be wank.

Interestingly when jovetic made it on the pitch in 14/15 we won 48% of games , when Bony has made it on to the pitch since Jan we have won 68% of games.

This is a far more telling stat about their impact on the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.