Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth is a Bonygette?

For what it's worth I'd rather have Wilf. Dzeko scored a massive 6 goals last season and many a disinterested performance.
Funnily enough, Bony's Premier League stats this season are almost identical to Dzeko's last season (same goals and assists, Bony has played 830 mins compared to 932 for Dzeko). So it would seem that based on stats alone, we spent a lot of money to replace Dzeko with someone about as effective as he was in his worst season with us. Of course, this could also be Bony's worst season with us, and he's 2.5 years younger, so there's that too. But most importantly for me, Bony has filled the very large opinion-splitting hole that I feared Dzeko's departure would leave at Bluemoon.

Bony is a better footballer than Dzeko. Dzeko has better movement in the box but on the ball Bony is way better than him. Unfortunately Bony hasn't showed us what he's capable of yet, but I have great faith in him and I think that he will eventually succeed here. Dzeko was crap in his last season here and has been if possible even worser at Roma.

Funnily enough, Bony's Premier League stats this season are almost identical to Dzeko's last season (same goals and assists, Bony has played 830 mins compared to 932 for Dzeko). So it would seem that based on stats alone, we spent a lot of money to replace Dzeko with someone about as effective as he was in his worst season with us. Of course, this could also be Bony's worst season with us, and he's 2.5 years younger, so there's that too. But most importantly for me, Bony has filled the very large opinion-splitting hole that I feared Dzeko's departure would leave at Bluemoon.

I think you're doing the fans a disservice. Whereas in the past we only had one boo boy, the fans, in keeping with the club have become much more holistic. If Bony has a good game we have several other players with whom to pick fault with.

Bony is a better footballer than Dzeko. Dzeko has better movement in the box but on the ball Bony is way better than him. Unfortunately Bony hasn't showed us what he's capable of yet, but I have great faith in him and I think that he will eventually succeed here. Dzeko was crap in his last season here and has been if possible even worser at Roma.

Yeah, he holds the ball up well. Apparently.

Dzeko was the most frustrating footballer on the planet but end of day you can't argue with the end result and goal ratio. I miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.