Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cptaidan88, 18 Jul 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stony

stony

I'm not a fan of Bony by any stretch of the imagination but that is just nonsense.

2. OnlyOneUweRosler

OnlyOneUweRosler

I suppose at least Bradbury has the excuse he was a youngster in the lower divisions, not someone playing in a Champions League team.

3. LJ75

LJ75

All things commercial
    Would have come handy vs Everton last night. Aguero was just powerless against their defence.

4. Mike D

Mike D

He would have been great receiving the ball and then sending it backwards ever time just what we needed. Just what the doctor ordered.

5. 2sheikhs

2sheikhs

A decent striker in his early 30's with a notable past would have been the best bet for us. I've said for a long time now that defoe would fit the bill. As would Villa.

6. blue wang

blue wang

economist
    I mentioned this in some other thread. I got dismissed as a kfa. I think villa could have offered a lot even at his advanced age.

7. Eds

Eds

Anyine know what Bony's injury is? He was only meant to miss one game!

8. Mcfc_nathan_

Mcfc_nathan_

9. Dipsis_LTU_MC

Dipsis_LTU_MC

Technically he is very good, his headers are amazing, his hold up play is fantastic, his shooting is good, his passing is good, the only thing he lacks is a work-rate.

10. Dax777

Dax777

There is no ring of truth to it. Sure, Bony is not a good City fit, but this doesn't make him a poor striker. He is actually pretty good.

I think giving a list of who is better misses the point. As frankly that above list just names players who are either hot now or were once hot. Funny enough, Bony himself was once hot, and probably will be again in a different system.

If we sold Bony, I'd rather we brought in a player at a different position. If we sold Bony and brought in Isco for example, I believe we would have improved our attacking more than if we went and got Ighalo or Benteke. Just to mention 2 of the players in the list above.

The penchant to always wanna replace like for like, isn't always the best policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.