Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really pleased when we signed Bony, but it's just not really worked out for him so far. Hopefully he can get a few starts in the Capital One Cup, and some more meaningful minutes in the league to get his sharpness back. He should thrive on De Bruyne's service.

I was the same. Unfortunately he had a major tournament to play in with the Ivory Coast and then has picked up several injuries and missed pre-season. Managers continually re-iterate the importance of a full pre-season and I think our results last season were largely down to the squad being spent from a long season previously and then the World Cup.

We can ease him in now and we'll hopefully see him contribute a high number of goals. The team is more important than any individual though and his ability to hold up the ball and feed onrushing midfielders is vital. It allows the defence to breathe and can help us break down the opposition in a different way. With the crossing ability of KDB, as you say, he should have plenty of opportunities.

No putting the ball in the back of the net is what matters not how many minutes he has played. And what some of you great experts on here have not worked out is that is a job which he just is not doing.

Admit it he was a bad buy that derailed us last season and instead of kicking us on to win the title contributed to us imploding last year.

Not good enough and no matter how much you try and cover it the stats do not lie

Played 20 Scored 2

Should have kept and stuck with

Stevan Jovetić

Played 28 Scored 8 at least he knows where the back of the net is already scored 3 in 5 for Inter

But the again he is probably playing more minutes which is more important as you say than actually being able to score
But he has put the ball in the net. If minutes played doesn't matter than number of times the ball goes in the net doesn't matter either. You can't pick & choose which stats matter - you either accept them all to give a fair representation or you accept none of them.

You're logic is poor & I assume you probably know that & are just wumming but still, 1/10 effort I say.

No putting the ball in the back of the net is what matters not how many minutes he has played. And what some of you great experts on here have not worked out is that is a job which he just is not doing.

Admit it he was a bad buy that derailed us last season and instead of kicking us on to win the title contributed to us imploding last year.

Not good enough and no matter how much you try and cover it the stats do not lie

Played 20 Scored 2

Stevan Jovetić

Played 28 Scored 8 at least he knows where the back of the net is already scored 3 in 5 for Inter

But the again he is probably playing more minutes which is more important as you say than actually being able to score
Genuine question. Are you taking things you shouldn't. What a pathetic atempt at Wumming

Played 20 Scored 2

Stevan Jovetić

Literally Wow. You understand that when a striker comes on late in the day that the game especially at City is dead. For example Chelsea at home this season. Bony's role wasn't to score goals it was to help defend the lead, kill off the game. He's not 9, we're not not an u15's side. There's more to being a striker than goals.

As many have pointed out, there is obviously something wrong with you. Your arguements are idiotic and irrational. You lack any understanding of football and what's worse for a supposed City 'fan' you seem desperate for other actual fans to turn their back on someone who has suffered at City for several reasons.

You my friend are an idiot.

Played 20 Scored 2

Stevan Jovetić

Jovetic has featured in all but one game for inter and accumulated 350+ minutes on the pitch . . . minutes that don't matter obviously . . . Oddly enough though in the minutes he wasn't on the pitch he struggled to score . . . Got it yet

Played 20 Scored 2

Stevan Jovetić

I don't personally like stats because they don't tell the full story in my opinion. But, considering you like your goals to games stats and are disputing the goals to minutes stats, I thought I would present to you the following while also taking note of your comparison between Bony and Jovetic.

Jovetic 13/14
Mins: 573
Apps: 18
Goals: 6
Mins per Goal: 95.5

Jovetic 14/15
Mins: 1173
Apps: 26
Goals: 5
Mins per Goal: 234.6

Bony 14/15
Mins: 336
Apps: 12
Goals: 2
Mins per Goal: 168

Bony 15/16 (to date)
Mins: 305
Apps: 7
Goals: 0
Mins per Goal: 305

Source of data: transfermarkt.co.uk

Not sure about you, but for me those stats speak for themselves. Neither are particularly impressive, but Jovetic's mins/goal rate of 234.6 is considerably higher/longer than Bony's at 168...for me, based on these facts and not opinion, there's no debate.

I don't personally like stats because they don't tell the full story in my opinion. But, considering you like your goals to games stats and are disputing the goals to minutes stats, I thought I would present to you the following while also taking note of your comparison between Bony and Jovetic.

Jovetic 13/14
Mins: 573
Apps: 18
Goals: 6
Mins per Goal: 95.5

Jovetic 14/15
Mins: 1173
Apps: 26
Goals: 5
Mins per Goal: 234.6

Bony 14/15
Mins: 336
Apps: 12
Mins per Goal: 168

Bony 15/16 (to date)
Mins: 305
Apps: 7
Goals: 0
Mins per Goal: 305

Source of data: transfermarkt.co.uk

Not sure about you, but for me those stats speak for themselves. Neither are particularly impressive, but Jovetic's mins/goal rate of 234.6 is considerably higher/longer than Bony's at 168...for me, based on these facts and not opinion, there's no debate.

But Bonys 305 is the worst out of all those stats and Jovetic 95.5 is the best.

All you have done is proved what I have been saying all along for 303 minutes this season Bony has and will continue to be wank.

But Bonys 305 is the worst out of all those stats and Jovetic 95.5 is the best.

All you have done is proved what I have been saying all along for 303 minutes this season Bony has and will continue to be wank.

But we're only 8 games into this season, and Jovetic spent most of the 13/14 season injured.

For the 14/15 season where Jovetic was available most of the season, Bony only had 6 months with us. His stats for 14/15 are miles better in the 6 months he was with us than Jovetic's stats over 12 months. Jovetic played nearly 4 times the minutes than Bony yet only managed just over twice the goals.

But we're only 8 games into this season, and Jovetic spent most of the 13/14 season injured.

For the 14/15 season where Jovetic was available most of the season, Bony only had 6 months with us. His stats for 14/15 are miles better in the 6 months he was with us than Jovetic's stats over 12 months. Jovetic played nearly 4 times the minutes than Bony yet only managed just over twice the goals.

But when he wasn't injured he slapped the ball into the back of the net every 95.5 minutes which is still a far better return than Bony has and will achieve.

Anyway I would like to thank you for bringing some stats to the table instead of making up excuses as others seem to on here. So based on your stats we have the following combined figures

Jovetic
Mins: 1746
Apps: 44
Goals: 11
Mins per Goal: 158.73

Bony
Mins: 641
Apps: 19
Mins per Goal: 320.5

So more stats are pointing towards the same conclusion for Bony 1 goal every 8.5 games or if you want to use the excuse of minutes played 1 goal every 3.5 games.

#prolific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.