Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can we stop posting these midfield combinations of Yaya, Pogba and Fernandinho. My little pecker can only get so erect and it's restricting the blood flow to my brain.

Thats all well and good but wheres the speed over 5-10 yards with these players. I don't see this as a pressing midfield.

I mostly agree but even vs Swansea, Silva was a major culprit on one of their goals.

When Silva plays on the left, which I am quite happy for him to do, he drifts all over the place; which I am also happy for him to do but it inevitably means that his full back often becomes exposed when play breaks down, because Dave can't immediately get back into formation. The solution to that, to my mind, is the midfielders behind him moving across to cover until he gets back to the left. Mind you, if Dave is over the other side of the pitch, perhaps he should drop straight back whilst others move over, a bit like solving a Rubik's cube!

Its often when a pass to or from Silva on the edge of the box is intercepted that we are most vulnerable to the breakaway. In those circumstances, if our opponents pass the ball quickly, there's no chance of Silva being able to support the full back.

When the 4222 was first introduced, one of the DM's was either Barry or De Jong. Barry was very good at shoring up the left hand side behind Silva. De Jong's key strength was his ability to move laterally across the pitch to support the full backs. None of our current central midfield players have that ability, they all like to pay in the middle of the pitch. Our opponents didnt really expolit that weakness in 12/13 when they were pre-occupied with stopping our attacking game. But now every team knows where the spaces will be.

The solution should be, as you say, for one of the midfielders to move over to the left to cover him. But it doesnt seem that the current personnel are inclined to do that, or sufficiently mobile. If we are to continue playing Silva on the left with a license to move inside we need a new Gareth Barry.

Was just about to post the same thing about Barry. He was excellent at sitting back and covering the spaces on the wings when the spaces emerged. Then he was excellent at shielding the ball and drawing a foul similar to Nasri.

When Silva plays on the left, drifts inside but we lose possession then a simple lofted pass into the space behind our full back is an easy out ball. Or the ball gets played through midfield and no one presses until Kompany steams into someone on the half way line. Mangala looks ok covering the wide areas so maybe with some more time the problem is diminished

Back on topic though Yaya is a fantastic player. Silva is a genius but Yaya has a greater range of passes in his locker. Id like to see him stand up a bit more in midfield rather than look for a free kick which with his size ends up looking stupid. And he seems to be our only player who can shoot accurately from outside the box and can score the kind of goals not seen at city since mills hung up his boots

Cant see Pelle opting for 433 even tho probably thats what we need to do. Also a goalscoring winger type is a must for that formation. Someone that has all the skills of Navas or even better but on top of that he is easily scoring 15-20 goals at least. So a big upgrade on Navas.

I could imagine he would use Pogba-Yaya in a CM duo in 442.Sounds good, would result in some great moments but would be fucked tactically imo sometimes even by lesser teams.

Congratulations to Yaya Toure for the Laurie Cunningham award, which is at least a recognition for his leadership and passion in fighting societal/football ills such as discrimination and unfairness. Well done big man and keep up to good work.

Although I think Yaya is on the decline physically, can anybody name me a better goalscoring CM in the Premiership?

I don't think Yaya will play quite as many games next season (closer to 30 games than 50) and certainly not in a midfield two.

Pogba could learn so much in a year with Yaya.

In my opinion seeing is believing. Got some sucking up to do has yaya. We all know he has the talent, it's time he stopped mard arsing and just played his football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.