Players or Manager????

i would get rid of the manager and some of the players.
because.

1. this problem we have would never have happened if we had a top top manager in charge who know how to deal with top players.

2. we never had this problem when sven was in charge.(players not wanting to play)

3. even if we get rid of the players this problem will just happen again when we bring in more players, i just carnt see kaka villa eto etc.. learning anything from mark hughes.

5. he is trying to turn us into blackburn. if you have all the money in the world you dont go for players like bellamy.
4. players what need to go are.

dunne
ball
tbh
gelson
hamman
evans - lone
sturridge - lone
jo - but not sure anyone would want him
vassel - i would give a team some money so they could by him

mcfc_nick said:
you must be having a laugh!!! how can u defend a guy who tookover a team who finished 9th last year and improved the "supposed" quality at the club by signings like sweep robby and komps and has put us a couple of points off the relegation places and has got us battered by a team 4th bottom of the championship!

With all our key players out. You forget the second half of last year when our team got found out, Hughes is the right man to take us forward, he needs to be given time to prove that with HIS team.

mcfc_nick said:
you must be having a laugh!!! how can u defend a guy who tookover a team who finished 9th last year and improved the "supposed" quality at the club by signings like sweep robby and komps and has put us a couple of points off the relegation places and has got us battered by a team 4th bottom of the championship!
How many points are we off 9th?

Which manager obtained more League points in 2008?

The squad is stronger now on paper, but key players like Petrov, Johnson are missing now, and for me they balance the acquisition of Robinho and SWP

We're far better going forward, but because we don't have a blanket midfield of 5, our defence is leaking goals.

We're in transition, and Hughes will deal with the problems, and is dealing with the problems

I have a few question marks over Hughes's decisions eg playing Sturridge on the left wing, but I think we have all under-estimated the corrsoive effect on the squad of the never-ending transfer speculation which has undermined some players commitment, self-belief and team spirit. No team has ever had to cope with this. Overrall the monies is a huge asset, but it does have it's downside

Project Rain said:
With all our key players out. You forget the second half of last year when our team got found out, Hughes is the right man to take us forward, he needs to be given time to prove that with HIS team.

Is he not capable of managing players he doesn't buy?

Players that over the course of the season got us to a 9th placed finish.

moomba said:
Project Rain said:

More a case of being incapable of motivating players who know they're going. A weakness on his part...absolutely...a reason to sack him...absolutely not.

A lot of those players were putting in similar garbage performances under Sven from Jan - May. These overpaid spineless little pricks forget that MCFC pay their fucking wages. I don't give ONE FUCK about whether they like the manager, his training methods, his coaching staff etc. When they get out on the field of play, they represent the club, and as such are duty bound to do the best they can.

Still, the good thing is most of them will never play for this club again after the end of this month...

moomba said:
Project Rain said:

Which was largely down to that honeymoon first half of the season. Take the results of the second half of last year and the first half of this year and tell me things haven't improved, if only slightly. People need to chill the fuck out and give him time, he knows where the problems lie so give him an opportunity to fix it. If we are still fighting to be in the top half by the end of the season then yes, I would start to question his ability but in the meantime, just calm it and give him his chance.

Project Rain said:
Which was largely down to that honeymoon first half of the season. Take the results of the second half of last year and the first half of this year and tell me things haven't improved, if only slightly.

Ah, so when it goes well last year it's honeymoon period or luck. When it goes badly it's down to the quality of the squad. What bollocks.

People need to chill the fuck out and give him time, he knows where the problems lie so give him an opportunity to fix it. If we are still fighting to be in the top half by the end of the season then yes, I would start to question his ability but in the meantime, just calm it and give him his chance.

Why calm down. People are capable of drawing their own conclusions on things, and in the long run it's just discussion fodder, no more significant than that.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:

More a case of being incapable of motivating players who know they're going. A weakness on his part...absolutely...a reason to sack him...absolutely not.

A lot of those players were putting in similar garbage performances under Sven from Jan - May. These overpaid spineless little pricks forget that MCFC pay their fucking wages. I don't give ONE FUCK about whether they like the manager, his training methods, his coaching staff etc. When they get out on the field of play, they represent the club, and as such are duty bound to do the best they can.

Still, the good thing is most of them will never play for this club again after the end of this month...

Well said Billy.

BillyShears said:

So our problems just come down to motivation do they? Not selections, tactics etc. Interesting.

I doubt that, it will take much longer to turn the squad around from one of quality to one of quality with a winning mentality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.