players too...........

The thing that struck me was at the end of the match, our players seemed quite happy coming off

The thing that struck me was at the end of the match, our players seemed quite happy coming off

Brucie Bonus said:
Humlannitton said:
OK, so the manager has got nothing to do with how the players are performing? Interesting point of view...

I would ask myself what the hell has happened since last season, where our defence was maybe the best part of the team. We have still got the same players, and have added TBH, Zabby and Kompany (dmc). With exception for the final loss against M'boro, we look a lot worse now.

And the manager isn't responsible?

I think you'll find the midfield was the best part of the team. Our defence was bad just below mid-table, but their performance in the second half was relegation quality. It was the midfield that saved us last year. The defence has merely worsened to wank status and our strikers cannot score.

And no, no manager could manage the idiocy demonstrated week after week. Hughes has added Sweep, Kompany, TBH, Zab. on his own, and Ireland clearly came of age in the off-season (as he stated), and Hughes kicked up a stink about keeping him. Who are our best players this season? Who gets MOM in poll after poll on site after site, forum after forum?

If Hughes goes he has got to take the shite with him. I feel as though we are being blackmailed by a bunch of whining shop-stewards in the dressing room and fans who just don't like Hughes.

I pity the poor manager who comes in next.

This!

Humlannitton said:
mackenzie said:
With regards to Hughes....for whatever reason he seems to not be able to instil the team with motivation, and that surprises me.[/quote

So in your opinion we are suffering from lack of motivation rather than lack of tactics?

I would say that the lack of motivation comes from that the players doesn't have a clue about how they are expected to play.

Who was played out of position today? I know that SWP was drifting inside a fair amount but that is all.

riley347 said:
need to take some of the shit dished out at hughes................richards-appalling season to date,positionally awful...............dunne + ball-far too slow for the demands of the prem.........gelson-gives posession away far too easily.............vassell - simply a championship player.............benjani- not up for the fight.........remember hughes has INHERITED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........I,D BE HAPPIER TO WAKE UP TOMORROW TO FIND HUGHES STILL HERE AND THESE PLAYERS ARE OFF LOADED INSTEAD...................

Hard to argue with any of that and i agree, but even so we are under achieving imo

Godfather said:
you do make a good point and i agree. its just a tough call to either keep hughes and give him a chance to buy the players HE wants (not forgetting our best players this season have been hughes buys) or change manager before the trandfer window starts and start completely afresh form scratch again.

Let Hughes build a Hughes side, or bring in a manager who can manage what we already have and what he can add?

The question now is, will Hughes keep us up once he has spent the cash?

mackenzie said:

Who was played out of position today? I know that SWP was drifting inside a fair amount but that is all.

Tactics is so much more than not drifting out of position. nick.nikky knows a lot more than me about tactics and is far better on explaining, so I'll leave that part to him.

oldhamblue said:

i know whats up with that looked like oh well another lose so what

We should honestly just terminate their contracts. No one in their right mind will take Vass, Ball etc.. All should be fired off as soon as possible.

This season is now a write off. we might as well build with quality in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.